Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Pecan Pie Recipe Needed

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 8 Replies
Does anyone have a really good pecan pie recipe? I got asked to bring on to the church thanksgiving dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I've only ever made a pecan pie.  And I don't eat pie so I don't know if it was good or not.  Wonder if I still have the recipe somewhere?

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Classic Pecan Pie

Prep Time:  5 minutes
Bake Time:  60 to 70 minutes
Chill Time:  (cool time) 2 hours 
Yield:  8 servings

• 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
  • 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.

3. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.

4. **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.

5. RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.

6. NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.

7. High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

8. VARIATION: coarsely chopped walnuts may be substituted for pecans to make a walnut pie.

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That loaded oddly, however I have used that one from the Karo Syrup website.

AmosFarkle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

If SweetLuci is around, she'll have one (or more).  And it WILL be tried and true.  She's one of the best Southern cooks ever!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

This is my family's favorite. I think the original I got off the Karo syrup bottle years ago, and then changed the vanilla flavoring to rum. For church use the rum flavoring or you could use vanilla. No one ever guesses it has rum or rum flavoring, it just add a little mellow flavor that makes it really good.

Pecan Pie
1 9" pie shell, unbaked
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dark rum or 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 cups pecans
Prepare pie crust. Do not bake. Break eggs into mixing bowl, beat well. Add the following ingredients one at a time: sugar, corn syrup, salt, rum, butter, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans. Pour into shell. Bake 1 hour.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot coming from you, because your recipes are always so good.

Quoting AmosFarkle:

If SweetLuci is around, she'll have one (or more).  And it WILL be tried and true.  She's one of the best Southern cooks ever!

Kaitlin123
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Pecan Pie Caramel Cheesecake

Crust-
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Filling-
3-8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4teaspoon nutmeg

Topping-
1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
2 cups good quality caramel sauce (homemade would be best)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the crust until moist. Press into a 10 inch spring form pan and set aside. For the filling, in a stand mixer, whip cream , whip cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. With mixer on low, stir in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and stir again. Whip in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Scrape sides and stir again if necessary. Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until cheesecake is set and hardly jiggles if at all when moved. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature. Arrange pecan halves over top entire cheesecake a circle. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Once ready to serve, run a knife around edges ofcheesecake and remove sides of spring form pan. To serve you can either drizzle 1 cup of caramel syrup over entire cheesecake and cut (with extra syrup to serve along with) or cut first and drizzle individual pieces.

*Side note: I prefer to warm my caramel syrup to have a delicious contrast of hot and cold for this dessert.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)