Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lactose Free

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

:( I seem to have gotten more sensitive than ever these last few months, even to milk chocolate candy. It doesn't help that dairy is my 2nd fave food group. I know Lactaid has options, I get the milk and I get Cabot cheese.The only thing I don't have to have LF is yogurt.

Please share LF tips :)

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM

It doesnt help that milk chocolate candy has gone down in quality as well in past few years.  Which yogurts have you tried and affected you negatively?

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

True. And actually I can have yogurt, it doesn't bother me. I eat Greek yogurt, Dannon is my favorite.

Quoting frndlyfn:

It doesnt help that milk chocolate candy has gone down in quality as well in past few years.  Which yogurts have you tried and affected you negatively?

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I really try to use more coconut stuff instead of milk for certain things

http://www.dairyfreechick.com/lactose-intolerance/
JoeliePoelieMom
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Have you tried lactaid pills?
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I used to be milk free until my doctor said my D was dangerously low. I do want to try coconut milk though, thanks for the link.

Quoting mylilprincesses: I really try to use more coconut stuff instead of milk for certain things

http://www.dairyfreechick.com/lactose-intolerance/

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I had this problem when I was much younger but now that I'm in my 40's, my system seems to have slowed down and got way less sensitive to lactose so that now 1 scoop of ice cream does not send me into days of "the runs".  I think they may have some lactose pills that you can take too that will help.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM

No, maybe I should

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom: Have you tried lactaid pills?

JoeliePoelieMom
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting newwifenmom:

No, maybe I should

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom: Have you tried lactaid pills?

I'm not lactose intolerant, but I've heard they work really well.  "They contain the enzyme needed to digest dairy. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Kimberly954
by Kim on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I am lactose intollerant. The people who make O'Baby yogurt also make O'Soy. Its good. Bryers makes Lactose Free Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream. Bordon makes lactose free american cheese slices. There are lots of options out there!! Chocolate doesnt bother me thankfully. Not enough milk in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)