Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appetizers?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 23 Replies

I need to take something to a New Year's Eve gathering for families. Do you have a recipe to share? We're going to a friend's house for dinner before that, so I need something that I can make ahead of time.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Bar b q meatballs always go over well. Serve with tooth picks. Or spinache dip with ripped up French bread or crackers. 

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM

They liked a stuffed baby portabello mushroom caps appetizer that I did for Thanksgiving.  It was a sausage, cream cheese, parmesan and seasoning mixture and then topped with bread crumbs or I used crushed herb roasted Ritz crackers.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

pigs in the blanket, crostini, empanadas (cheat and use crescents and stuff as desired), sliders (again can cheat and use biscuits and meatballs with some cheese)

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this

spinach artichoke dip, nachos, broccoli and cheese bites

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I don't go out a lot but I do make those crockpot meatballs....made some Christmas day.  I get 3 bags of Walmart Italian style frozen meatballs and 1 large bottle and 1 regular size bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce and put it all in the crockpot until heated through.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Both sound good, thanks.

Quoting VinVanMom:

Bar b q meatballs always go over well. Serve with tooth picks. Or spinache dip with ripped up French bread or crackers. 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I make this, and it's absolutely delicious, but there's no way to reheat these, and they're really at their best when hot, but thanks for reminding me of these.  

Quoting MixedCooke:

They liked a stuffed baby portabello mushroom caps appetizer that I did for Thanksgiving.  It was a sausage, cream cheese, parmesan and seasoning mixture and then topped with bread crumbs or I used crushed herb roasted Ritz crackers.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yum!

Quoting delanna6two:

I don't go out a lot but I do make those crockpot meatballs....made some Christmas day.  I get 3 bags of Walmart Italian style frozen meatballs and 1 large bottle and 1 regular size bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce and put it all in the crockpot until heated through.

KaylaMillar
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM

My kids love these

Ingredients:
1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
  3. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
  4. Bake for 8-12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)