Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

SodaStream

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 33 Replies

Does anyone have one? We got one as a Christmas gift and not sure if what it do with it. If anyone that has one have any tips or suggestions?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Yep. We got one last year. LOVE IT. 

You screw on the bottle and push the button and when it "farts", it's loud and you think you are breaking something, you will want to push it three times (three farts). Then you pour in the syrup. 

What kinds of syrup do you have for it?

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Whatever syrup came with it. It has some sample stuff. I haven't even opened the box yet. I'm not sure what even to get to try.

Quoting Cindy18:

You screw on the bottle and push the button and when it "farts", it's loud and you think you are breaking something, you will want to push it three times (three farts). Then you pour in the syrup. 

Cindy18
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:45 PM

The Root Beer and Orange Soda is really good. I personally don't like the Crystal Light or Tea ones. The Soda kinds are good but taste a little flat to me.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Whatever syrup came with it. It has some sample stuff. I haven't even opened the box yet. I'm not sure what even to get to try.

Quoting Cindy18:

Cindy

tiniowien
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one a big tip is the canisters for the C02 can be taken to Walmart service counter and exchanged for a full can for half the price of a new can. It recycles the canisters and you save money 

tiniowien
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I use the soda syrups they need more pushes, I use 6 for soda and 4 for stuff like the fruit flavors 

Quoting Cindy18:

The Root Beer and Orange Soda is really good. I personally don't like the Crystal Light or Tea ones. The Soda kinds are good but taste a little flat to me.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Cindy18:

periwinkle163
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:02 PM

My sister has one and she loves it. 

Cindy18
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Bed, Bath and Beyond does this too. $15 bucks for a new one. How much is Walmart?

Quoting tiniowien:

I have one a big tip is the canisters for the C02 can be taken to Walmart service counter and exchanged for a full can for half the price of a new can. It recycles the canisters and you save money 

tiniowien
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Off the shelf new is $30 if you do the trade in is $15

Quoting Cindy18:

Bed, Bath and Beyond does this too. $15 bucks for a new one. How much is Walmart?

Quoting tiniowien:

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Nebraska Furtinure Mart is $14 with a trade in.

Quoting tiniowien:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting tiniowien:

tiniowien
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Shopko is $16 for trade in 

Quoting OliviaW.:

Nebraska Furtinure Mart is $14 with a trade in.

Quoting tiniowien:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting tiniowien:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN