Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

BREAKFAST?!?!?!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was wondering if any of you had any ideas/ recipes for breakfast that you can grab heat and go. maybe even without the heat. I am always rushing out the door in the mornings and on 99% of them dont eat breakfast. i know it's better to and it'd help me loose weight. any ideas?

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe make a smoothie the night before in a coffee travel mug.  Maybe make some granola bars with nuts and raisins or peanut butter.

wyattmama78
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I second the smoothies and granola bars. What about making breakfast sandwiches and storing in freezer? I fry eggs, add cheese and ham and wrap individually. It does involve 2 mins in microwave though.

taKENheart
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Those breakfast sandwiches are a good idea too.  I completely forgot that I would freeze them for dh to take early in the morning years ago.  I'd use those big Grands biscuits, mini bagels and tortillas.  I always switched out between bacon, ham and sausage too.
Great idea!

Quoting wyattmama78:

I second the smoothies and granola bars. What about making breakfast sandwiches and storing in freezer? I fry eggs, add cheese and ham and wrap individually. It does involve 2 mins in microwave though.

suetoo
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Chunk up fresh fruit, like oranges with bananas and put in ziplock. Pack with granola or nut bar. I love cold pizza for breakfast, too. Get little snack sized ziplocks and carry a handful of nuts out the door with you. If you like homemade treats, take an oatmeal or peanut butter cookie. It's more important to eat something, rather than worry about what. No reason you can't pack a plastic spoon and eat pudding right out of the Baggie, or cottage cheese. Mix peanut butter with jelly in the snack bag, and put whole wheat crackers in another. Yum! 

lyrick24
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM

i get frozen biscuits that cook up like homemade, cook enough for the week, fry sausage patties and put them on a bis cuit and store them in a plastic bag in the freezer. then of the morning i just pop one in the microwave.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Are you planning to eat your breakfast in the car en route to work?  Do you normally have an early bird appetite or does hunger kick in on your morning break?

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Smoothies, granola bars, pre-made pancakes that just pop into the microwave, and trail mix.

Bamsmom2012
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM

i actually dont get hungry until late in the day like 3-4 o'clock unless i do eat breakfast then i'm hungry by lunch. either in route or once i get to work.

Quoting DissieDothe:

Are you planning to eat your breakfast in the car en route to work?  Do you normally have an early bird appetite or does hunger kick in on your morning break?

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Quoting Bamsmom2012:

i actually dont get hungry until late in the day like 3-4 o'clock unless i do eat breakfast then i'm hungry by lunch. either in route or once i get to work.

Quoting DissieDothe:

If you're needing something while driving to work, maybe a shake would work.  To make ahead ... fill your travel mug with shake mix and milk the night before.  The next morning ... just shake it and go.  You can add a breakfast sandwich to eat when you get to work. 

AmosFarkle
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I make my own breakfast burritos and freeze them individually in Press n' Seal.  Unwrap, re-wrap loosely in a paper towel, and nuke on high for about 1-1/2 min.  It really depends on the size of your burrito wrappers, but it hardly takes any time at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN