Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Need cheap recipes for the week plz

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:21 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ok soo I'm going grocery shopping later today. I have about $80 to spend for 5 ppl. The kids get free lunch at school so that's not an issue. What I really need is dinner ideas. Soo far I'm thinkin speghetti, waffles n eggs, and Mac n cheese w/hot dogs. Any other suggestions?
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM

You can make shepher's pie with a box (6 patties) of salisbury steak (On-cor brand frozen), green beans, & mashed potatoes.  on-cor.com has a lot of meal planning ideas.

RoxieMG
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Look at the local sales flyer & try to plan around that.  Good luck!

Beachdeprived
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:36 AM

What about quesadillas with some cheesy rice? A big bag of store brand shredded cheese, a bag of tortillas and a box of rice a roni cheesy rice ($1). Easy and cheap... :) Have a good day!

rmp
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

1 1/2  pound of pinto beans soak overnight. Put in crockpot or stock pot on stove on low . Add a ham hock, piece of garlic , cumin, grilled onions &  pepper both diced , a fresh jalalpeno. Cook on low for a few hours and add salt to taste at the end. Serve with corn or flour tortillas. Add sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, or salsa. You can also make your own flour tortillas since beans are easy to make and dont require much attention. Lots of recipes for homemade flour tortillas --yummy!!!

plethobeth
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a slow cooker? It's my favorite kitchen thing of all time ever! If yes, you can do pretty much anything! Put any sauce on any meat and cook it for 4-8 hours and BAM! Meal! :P 

Here's what we're having later this week in our crock pot:

Ingredients

• 4-6 pork chops - I used 3 super thick ones
  • 1 package Ranch dressing dry mix
  • 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup & 1/2 can of water

Instructions

1. Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and stir.
  2. Cook on low for 5-7 hours. I cooked mine for about 5 and pork chops were still intact. My friend cooked hers for over 7 hours and was able to cut them with a fork.

Good luck finding more meals! :) 

Blogger at http://www.thelifeofanavynukewife.blogspot.com come check it out and let me know what you think! :)
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Sloppy Joes, baked chicken, soups. ..
lyrick24
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:30 PM

four cans of pork and beans

2 packs of hot dogs

1 tablespoon of sugar

put pork and beans in a pot, and sliced hotdogs, add sugar and heat till warm. serve with mashed potatoes and 2 cans of corn. this is a cheap one i use when im running low on money.

tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

chicken burritos -

four boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 pack taco seasoning

2 green peppers

spray crockpot with cooking spray. put in chhicken breasts. slice green pepper and add to crockpot. pour taco seaoning over top. cook on high for four hours. shredd chicken and mix. serve on tortillas. use condiments of your choice. or you dont have to use them at all. this goes a long way. if you want a side you can add rice.

mommas13
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Beans(make a big batch for multiple uses), cheese, tortillas, Fritos, tomatoes ect.-beans and Frito pie, tacos, chicken ,rice a Ronni, and veggies, sandwiches, grilled cheese with soup (tomatoe), leftovers casserole with everything leftover from that Weeks meals
caro100
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Sh--t on a shingle.   This is Hamburger crumpled up and fried with a white gravy served over the top of a slice of bread soft or toasted.  Think biscuits and gravy type of gravy only it is made with hamburger instead of sausage, One of my families favorvite meals.  Side of green beans and or corn and you are set.

JuneCleaver256
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Tuna noodle casserole is pretty cheap. Chicken legs with BBQ sauce baked in the oven is always a cheap crowd pleaser at my house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)