Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Pork Tenderloin

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM
  • 3 Replies

I need a crock pot receipe for a 5 lb. port tenderloin.

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Do not cook it in the crock-pot.  A 5lb tenderloin should not even fit!  Also cut it in half and cook in 2.5 portions ... you should never cook a whole pork tenderloin that weighs more than 3.5 lbs.  They do not fair well in an oven bag. 

You can reheat a fully cooked one in a crock-pot. 

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I just made one the other day and this is what I did...

After putting it in the crockpot, I sprinkled about 1/2 package of Italian dressing mix over the top.  Added a small can of diced green chiles and about 1/2-3/4 stick of butter.  Set it on low and let it cook all day.  It shredded very easily.

In the past I've used rotel tomatoes, green chiles and water and that works out well too.  

jjamom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I make my pulled pork in the crockpot with pork tenderloin. It comes out incredibly tender and delicious! I know they say you need the fat, but you really don't.

I cut up an onion and place it in the bottom of the CP. I also chop a few cloves if garlic and add them in as well. I then season the pork with salt, pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, and a little brown sugar. Place on top of onions and garlic. I add in about 1 cup of either chicken stock or just water (chicken stock if I have it). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove from the crockpot, shred with two forks, add back to crockpot, pour in sauce and continue to cook on low for about another hour to warm the sauce and allow it to soak into the meat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)