Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

substitute for oil?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 13 Replies

is there something I can use in place of cooking oil in a recipe? like I want to make blueberry muffins and am supposed to add oil but I'm trying to get away from using oil anymore.

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beachdeprived
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Applesauce!! Great alternative for oils. I have used it many times as a replacement in muffins for the oil.

Momof5Boys610
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Yep, applesauce. ;-)
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM

mashed banana works well too, especially in things like muffins.... but applesauce is the standard go to because it doesnt change the flavor 

pureed zucchini is also great!

starlight1968
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM

yep applesauce works great even in Brownies!!

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM

If you are using a mfg muffin mix, you can skip adding oil.  I'm guessing that most of these muffin mixes call for 1 to 2 tbsp oil.  Makes the muffin more moist but is not necessary. 

beadingmom17
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Applesauce, melted butter, coconut oil (still oil but a healthier one)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-mom-mommy
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Yougurt and sour cream
No pudge brownies in a little pink box
all you add is yogurt and they seriously taste better than any box....use flavored orange, vanilla, or coffee low or no fat yogurt if you feel fancy
arwalters
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM
It is packaged, usually make from scratch but got lazy lol. It calls for 1/4 cup

Quoting DissieDothe:

If you are using a mfg muffin mix, you can skip adding oil.  I'm guessing that most of these muffin mixes call for 1 to 2 tbsp oil.  Makes the muffin more moist but is not necessary. 

arwalters
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Ok to make it more difficult, I have IC and cannot have most fruits including apples and bananas. I can eat blueberries and coconut so I got some coconut oil and will try that. I do plan on using applesauce for my son though

Quoting arwalters:

is there something I can use in place of cooking oil in a recipe? like I want to make blueberry muffins and am supposed to add oil but I'm trying to get away from using oil anymore.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Quoting arwalters: It is packaged, usually make from scratch but got lazy lol. It calls for 1/4 cup
Quoting DissieDothe:

Is this going to make 6 muffins? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)