Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with squid!!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 2 Replies
So I don't know what to do with all of it! I'm using the rings from the squid in pasta for dh and my dinner tomorrow. The recipe looks fail proof! But I really am looking at the tentricals funny! They look odd, and not appetizing and I don't know how I would cook them in a way that would make me want to eat them! I know dh will, so I need ideas on what to do with that part of this funky lil creature! I'd really hate for it to go to waste! It wasn't cheap! Any ideas ladies?
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM
The tentacles are actually the best part, IMO, of calamari. The rings can get chewy really fast, where the tentacles don't.

I love fried calamari. Just lightly bread it with seasoned flour and deep fry it until golden brown and crispy, lightly salt and squeeze a little fresh lemon over it. Yum! Now I want some, lol!
taKENheart
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Great question!  I just bought my first squid and I thought I was just going to make fried calamari with it.  I didn't even think about searching for other recipes.  You used to be able to search recipes by ingredient on food.com.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)