Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Pork recipes

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am looking for some recipes for porkchops... I have a bit of them, DH bought them on sale, and I normally just bread them and either bake them or dry them... I also pound them down really thin, bread and than fry them... BUT, I want to do something different, so if you dont mind, please share YOUR favorite porkchop recipe with me... and a link/instructions if possible!! :)

TIA!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
stepconfused182
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
A super easy delicious recipe is place your chops in a slow cooker, pour a can of cream of chicken soup on top and sprinkle a packet of ranch dressing mix over it. Mix it up and cook on high for 4-5 hrs. Delicious!
ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds good!! I will add the soup and ranch mix to my grocery list this week :)

Quoting stepconfused182: A super easy delicious recipe is place your chops in a slow cooker, pour a can of cream of chicken soup on top and sprinkle a packet of ranch dressing mix over it. Mix it up and cook on high for 4-5 hrs. Delicious!

rmp
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM

I do not have the recipe. You can google :

Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops 

it is delicious and the best recipe for pork chops. My family does not like them dry so I had to look for something they would like and they loved it. The Bacon and pork chops together are delicious!!!

rmp
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I just remembered it is under Crock Pot moms here on Cafemom and just do a  group  search by typing in and it will come up. The recipe is easy only has a few ingredients and bacon. The ones online are totally different and have tons of ingredients. 

taKENheart
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really do recipes for pork chops.  I just brown them in a skillet (salt/pepper) and then make a brown mushroom onion gravy mix to pour over them in the skillet and serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles (or spaetzle).

The other thing I do is to brown them in a skillet and when they are done I dump sauerkraut into the skillet with them...served with mashed potatoes.  I love dipping my sauerkraut in my mashed potatoes, lol.

Not exactly recipes but these are my favorite ways to have pork chops.

ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM

How do you make the brown mushroom onion gravy mix? That sounds SUPER good! :D

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't really do recipes for pork chops.  I just brown them in a skillet (salt/pepper) and then make a brown mushroom onion gravy mix to pour over them in the skillet and serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles (or spaetzle).The other thing I do is to brown them in a skillet and when they are done I dump sauerkraut into the skillet with them...served with mashed potatoes.  I love dipping my sauerkraut in my mashed potatoes, lol.Not exactly recipes but these are my favorite ways to have pork chops.

taKENheart
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on how lazy I am that day, lol! 
Many times I'll just use a Lipton's onion soup mix (recipe on box) and add in sauteed mushrooms, pepper and a dash of Maggi's.

Other times I'll just take 2c beef broth and whisk in 2Tb of flour, bring it to a boil and when it's thickened I toss in sauteed onions and mushrooms, pepper and either a splash of red wine or a splash of Maggi's.

This meal is like my comfort food ;)

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't really do recipes for pork chops.  I just brown them in a skillet (salt/pepper) and then make a brown mushroom onion gravy mix to pour over them in the skillet and serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles (or spaetzle).The other thing I do is to brown them in a skillet and when they are done I dump sauerkraut into the skillet with them...served with mashed potatoes.  I love dipping my sauerkraut in my mashed potatoes, lol.Not exactly recipes but these are my favorite ways to have pork chops.

ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to make hot dogs and mac and cheese tomorrow night... But I decided to make porkchops... with the mushroom and onion gravy... :D oh yummm... I cant wait!! Thanks for the idea! :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Depends on how lazy I am that day, lol!  Many times I'll just use a Lipton's onion soup mix (recipe on box) and add in sauteed mushrooms, pepper and a dash of Maggi's.Other times I'll just take 2c beef broth and whisk in 2Tb of flour, bring it to a boil and when it's thickened I toss in sauteed onions and mushrooms, pepper and either a splash of red wine or a splash of Maggi's.This meal is like my comfort food ;)

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM

LOL the more I talk about it the more I want it too. Sadly, I think I'm out of chops, lol! You are welcome :) I hope you enjoy it ;)

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I was going to make hot dogs and mac and cheese tomorrow night... But I decided to make porkchops... with the mushroom and onion gravy... :D oh yummm... I cant wait!! Thanks for the idea! :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Depends on how lazy I am that day, lol!  Many times I'll just use a Lipton's onion soup mix (recipe on box) and add in sauteed mushrooms, pepper and a dash of Maggi's.Other times I'll just take 2c beef broth and whisk in 2Tb of flour, bring it to a boil and when it's thickened I toss in sauteed onions and mushrooms, pepper and either a splash of red wine or a splash of Maggi's.This meal is like my comfort food ;)

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN