Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

My new thing...!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

For the past few weeks, I have been meal planning... I had never really done it before to this extent but its a HUGE help for me... I am more organized, in the morning I can pull what ever I need out, and go on with my day instead of thinking about what I want to pull out the next morning all night... lol it sounds silly but it was a HUGE issue of mine...! I start off at the end of the week, and I plan each meal out for the following week... Here is this week and next week [[I got bored tonight]] ANYWAYS... here is my meal plans... 

week of 3/9-3/15

Sunday: leftovers [spaghetti]

Monday: taquitos!!

Tuesday: grilled ham and cheese

Wednesday: hot dogs, mac & cheese

Thursday: baked/seasoned Chicken drumsticks and curly fries

Friday: Sloppy Joes

Saturday: leftovers

week of 3/16-3/22 [[since I took it easy on dinners last week, this week we shall have real meals!]]

Sunday: Shepards Pie

Monday: Pork chops on rice with a brown, mushroom and onion gravy

Tuesday: Chicken and dumplings

Wednesday: Left Overs from days prior

Thursday: Hot dogs and mac and cheese [DS 3s FAVORITE]

Friday: Home made pizza [[with help from DS]]

Saturday: Steak, with mushrooms, butter noodles with tomato soup over the noodles... [[noodles are another one of DSs favorite]]

Does anyone else do this? If so, may I see your weeks plans for ideas?

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stepconfused182
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I meal plan every week. I have no idea how anyone with a family doesn't! This week we are having crockpot beans and ham with cornbread, chicken Caesar wraps, spaghetti squash with meat sauce, chicken stir fry, beef fajitas, BLTs and baked pork chops. I get a variety of sides like cous cous, rice. noodles, pasta salad, potatoes, Mac n cheese etc and a variety of fruits and vegetables (frozen during the off season, fresh in the summer).
suetoo
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Veggie?

Beachdeprived
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I plan my meals out for 2 weeks too but I don't plan what day I will make what because our moods change and sometimes if hubby gets held over at work too late or if I have had a long day at work... plans change. But by planning 2 weeks out, I at least know I have the food on hand for the meal that I do decide to make. I basically say hey...these are your choices tonight and then we decide what we are in the mood for.

ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I do the vegetable on a whim... Lol, whatever I feel like making :)

Quoting suetoo:

Veggie?

aj_mom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I mentally meal plan around, extracurriculars.

AmosFarkle
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I like to check the Sunday paper ads to see what the sales are.  I really need to get back into my freezer and re-organize it (well, both of them --- I have an extra fridge), and I usually keep a running list of what's in there.  So I try to choose according to what I have and what's a bargain.  

Those extracurriculars... LOL!  Yeah, makes it difficult.  I buy hinged-lid "take out" boxes and pack meals in them, wrapping the whole thing well in plastic wrap or foil.  The kids don't care if it's piping hot as long as it tastes good.  I even have a stash of salt/pepper packets and lots of plastic utensils.  You can also get plastic cups with lids in the supermarket now.  I had 3 kids on different fields at different times so I just packed the dinners in a cooler, which kept them warm.  When each one finished up, dinner was ready for the hungry athletes.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Monday - Cheddar & Beef Casserole, Brusels Sprouts, Garden Salad, Chocolate Cream Pie
Tuesday - Baked Chicken alfredo, Roasted Potatoes, Cauliflower/Broccoli/Carrots, Ice Cream Floats
Wednesday - Baked Fish. Grill Cheese, Garden Salad, Strawberry Shortcake
Thursday - Cheeseburgers, Fries, Salad, Apple Crisp
Friday - Pizza, Pasta Salad, Berry Blue Jell-O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN