Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

I need help

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm horrible and clueless in the kitchen. I need inexpensive ideas for meals and have so much trouble thinking of things since my husband and son aren't big on beef except ground and I love red meat. I'm also pregnant so I'm having trouble with chicken right now. I'm sick of spaghetti so please nothing like that.
by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Beachdeprived
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

You might want to check out some of the posts where we list our menus for the week.. there was just one earlier this week where some of the ladies posted what their meal planner was for the week. That may give you some ideas... there are so many easy recipes and ones that are inexpensive too. So many varieties of easy pasta to make...white sauce/red sauce, etc, casseroles, etc. Gosh last night I just used some flatbread (normally uses to make wraps) put some pizza sauce on them, sprinkled with cheese and made everyone their individuals pizzas.. quick, easy and cheap. You could make little mini-meatloaves and cook them in the microwave, serve with potatoes and a veggie. We often have omelets for dinner... I also make these crescent roll-up things.. You use canned chicken, mix it with cream cheese and some dry ranch dressing mix, put on the flat crescent roll, fold up and bake. They are delicious. You could probably do tuna instead if the chicken bothers you. I also make easy burritos and quesadillas a lot. I hope that helps a little and if not, at least it will bump the post and perhaps others will be able to give you some solutions. Good luck!!!

Beachdeprived
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Just an afterthought... Kraft and Pillsbury have so many great easy recipes on their websites... may want to check them out.

There in one that you take one of those refrigerated pizza crusts.. lie it out flat, but sandwich fixes lenght wise down the middle (ham cheese, etc) fold it up like a giant strombli and bake.. so yummy!

Mamalion11
by on May. 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Beachdeprived:

You might want to check out some of the posts where we list our menus for the week.. there was just one earlier this week where some of the ladies posted what their meal planner was for the week. That may give you some ideas... there are so many easy recipes and ones that are inexpensive too. So many varieties of easy pasta to make...white sauce/red sauce, etc, casseroles, etc. Gosh last night I just used some flatbread (normally uses to make wraps) put some pizza sauce on them, sprinkled with cheese and made everyone their individuals pizzas.. quick, easy and cheap. You could make little mini-meatloaves and cook them in the microwave, serve with potatoes and a veggie. We often have omelets for dinner... I also make these crescent roll-up things.. You use canned chicken, mix it with cream cheese and some dry ranch dressing mix, put on the flat crescent roll, fold up and bake. They are delicious. You could probably do tuna instead if the chicken bothers you. I also make easy burritos and quesadillas a lot. I hope that helps a little and if not, at least it will bump the post and perhaps others will be able to give you some solutions. Good luck!!!

Do you have any substitutions for ranch? I can't stomach that either. 

Beachdeprived
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 1:36 PM

You could just leave it out and add whatever spice, if any you like... they also suggest adding shredded cheese to it. i don't stick to recipes very well.. I just add or delete whatever we tend to like.

Quoting Mamalion11:

Quoting Beachdeprived:

Do you have any substitutions for ranch? I can't stomach that either. 

KamsOne
by Jen on May. 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a crockpot?  You can do lots of super simple meals in there.

Pulled pork is one of the easiest (just throw in a cheap pork roast with a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce) and makes a lot of food.  Freezes well too.

Bag of frozen meatballs with a jar or two of sauce (or homemade).  You can also toss the meatballs in with a couple jars of gravy and serve over egg noodles.

I like chicken teriyaki in the crockpot but if you're not enjoying chicken right now you could use pork instead.  Just add cut up meat, bag of frozen veggies and a bottle of teriyaki sauce.  Cook on low 4-6 hours and serve over rice.

masonmom3
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Pinterest should be your best friend right now! I make a ton of stuff I find on there!

Mamalion11
by on May. 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I have absolutely no idea how to use Pinterest. Lol

Quoting masonmom3:

Pinterest should be your best friend right now! I make a ton of stuff I find on there!

CafeMom Tickers
masonmom3
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

If you have a smart phone there is a super easy app. Otherwise www.pinterest.com.

give it a try!

Quoting Mamalion11:

I have absolutely no idea how to use Pinterest. Lol

Quoting masonmom3:

mama-mom-mommy
by New Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Can you grill?
Its easy for non cooks and evetything on the grill tastes better.
Sides are super easy and you only really need 1.
You can do steaks ( only need salt and pepper)
And a bad of skinny french fries
or beans or corn on tge cob or salad...ect...
then you can do port chops, gormet sausages with peppers and onions...
Its just easier then cooking imo but I can cook anything. So ask away....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN