This was super easy and delish. Thought I would share!
Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
From: Shrinking On a Budget Meal Plans
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium 98% fat free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup lime juice (bulb lime is ok)
- 6 (soft taco sized) flour tortillas (45 gms/each)
- 6 Tablespoons salsa
- 6 Tablespoons fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups julienned romaine lettuce
Lightly spray bottom of slow cooker with non stick cooking spray and place sliced onion and peppers and kidney beans in the bottom. Lay chicken on top of veggies. Season all chicken evenly with
taco seasoning. Pour chicken broth down side of slow cooker so you don't disrupt the seasoning. Do the same with the lime juice. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours (or on High for 4-5 hours).
When chicken is done, pull chicken out of slow cooker. Shred chicken with two forks and stir back into juices. Serve shredded chicken, peppers and onions with slotted spoon on tortillas. Mix together the yogurt and salsa. Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. yogurt/salsa mixture and 1/4 cup lettuce.
chicken and lots of shredded cheese. Microwave until cheese is melty