Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Baked potatoes

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:36 AM
  • 43 Replies

We all have our favorite ways to serve our baked potatoes.
Since I was a very little girl my Oma ALWAYS served them with Ranch dressing.  She always made hers with the powder packets with mayo and milk.  To this day I still LOVE having that kind of Ranch on my baked potatoes.  I smash them down , add butter, drizzle my "homemade" Ranch, add s&p, some Potato toppers (seasong packet), and green onions or chives on mine.  Sometimes I'll add shredded cheddar cheese IF I'm in the mood.

How do you like to serve your baked potatoes?  Do you do sour cream and chives?  Chili, cheese stuffed baked potatoes or something completely different?

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
The ranch sounds good. I do sour cream, salt, pepper and butter and sometimes cheese.
taKENheart
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

It really is.  I like using the powder packets over the bottled the best.
I might use sour cream and chives a few times a year but the Ranch dressing on them is almost like a comfort food to me. 

Quoting newwifenmom: The ranch sounds good. I do sour cream, salt, pepper and butter and sometimes cheese.

aneela
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

agreed...and yeah i do mine similar....salt pepper butter cheese..and if have sour cream add that too

Quoting newwifenmom: The ranch sounds good. I do sour cream, salt, pepper and butter and sometimes cheese.

ScrChk23
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Smash it flat with my fork, butter, salt, and eat.
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I love butter, sour cream,and lawrys seasoning salt
taKENheart
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Oh so you don't like them with sour cream or anything?

Quoting ScrChk23: Smash it flat with my fork, butter, salt, and eat.

taKENheart
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Never thought of using Lawry's on a baked potato.  I've used them on baked fries before ;)

Quoting Angela4boys: I love butter, sour cream,and lawrys seasoning salt

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I put ours in the microwave if we aren't grilling them, and for mine I peel the skin off, smush them, put lots of butter on them, then seasoned salt, then lots of cheese.  They aren't the healthiest in the world, but I love them like that.  Now I want to try that Ranch on them.  we have a whole container of that powdered ranch that I'm going to have to use. :)

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Its just some weird thing I have only seen my family do. At family get togethers, if baked potatoes are served, there's always a pint if sour cream that has been mixed with lawrys. Guests always wonder what it is, but then try it and like it...no clue where it came from...but it's traditional in my family.

I do like lawrys.... I put it on fries, fried breakfast potatoes, I like it on carrots and celery, it's a usual seasoning I use for meats. Just grew up with it.

Quoting taKENheart:

Never thought of using Lawry's on a baked potato.  I've used them on baked fries before ;)

Quoting Angela4boys: I love butter, sour cream,and lawrys seasoning salt

mrswillie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Broccoli, bacon, Cheddar and sour cream.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN