Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Meal Planning

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:35 AM
  • 18 Replies
How do you decide on your meals? Do you look at the sales ads? Do you pick meals by hat sounds good at the moment?
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:40 AM

I do go by sales at times for our planned meals. As well as going by what I already have in the home. Then I just sit and decide what we are gonna make for the next week. 

I dont have a specific night for each meal when I plan, just  what the meals are going to be. That goes for lunch and dinner I plan for. 

I have this weeks meals all sorted out already. I do it on Sat, and shop on Sundays.

amybrg86
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM

no i do not look at the sale ads. no i do not go by what sounds good at the moment. our meals are always pre-planned...grocery list is made...this past week when i was getting ready to grocery shop, it ended up taking me a few days to get everything organized at home (but i'm VERY organized when i grocery shop)----had to find the recipes, write down what we'd need for each recipe, make sure i found 14 meal ideas for 2 weeks worth of food, then compare each recipe (i.e. one recipe needs 2 zucchini and other needs 1, so i'd cross those out and make an actual grocery list starting with 3 zucchini). it all makes for a much easier shopping trip!!  and we always shop during the week---preferably mid-week since wednesdays are overall the best day to grocery shop whether you use coupons or not!  :)

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I look at what is on sale and price. I rely on sales ads lol. I go by the meals that are sure winners with DH and DS and try at least one new recipe every other week.

copperswifey
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:08 PM

If I see something new I will add it to the list. I normally do what I'm craving :) 

la_bella_vita
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I always meal plan
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM
I buy what's in sale, and decide what we are eating by the day.
Beachdeprived
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I check the frig and freezer and see what is left in there and try to plan those meals... then I have a few "staple" meals that we just have all the time but then I do try and pull out a new recipe or two. I shop and plan meals every 2 weeks. I don't look at the ads much to plan my meals but if something is on sale, particuarly meat, I will buy and freeze it for the next round of meal planning. I get so tired of trying to plan meals to make my DH and DD happy so I try and make them responsible for coming up with one idea each.... which means zero creativity on their part because they always pick something that I consider a "staple".

johnny4ever
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I look at sales ads and i always have a certain day set aside for members of family also.

sukainah
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I'm really bad at making a meal plan, so it's something I need to work on.

LaniBee
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I make the meal plan by randomly choosing meals from my recipe collection. I make the grocery list based on the ingredients I need, then I clip coupons or look sales on the items. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN