Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Leftovers

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:37 AM
  • 28 Replies
Do you eat leftovers as is or do you mix it with other foods to make a new meal?
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Depends on what it is. 

Mostly DF takes the leftovers in his lunch for work the next day, or I freeze the leftovers fo DF to take the following week etc....

I am not a huge leftover person for certain foods like, potatoes and salads, leftover veggie dishes etc...and DF does not care so he gets them. 

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM

We do both. If there's a lot of several items we eat them. If there is a little of a lot of different things thats when I make refrigerator soup, casserole etc.

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I do both. I use the chicken from left over wings in other meals for the week.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Both. Sometimes we will just eat the left overs or say it is chicken or something we will add it to a different meal

copperswifey
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I love leftovers so I eat them. To me the leftovers are sometimes better then the night before :) 

Beachdeprived
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I normally bring leftovers to work for my lunch... if there is enough left though, I will use it for another dinner. Last night I made mini-meatloaves from ground turkey. I made 6 and we each had one... so we have 3 left that I planning on reheating tonight. I'll just heat up left over mashed potatoes and make a veggie. Seems like we don't eat as much when it's so hot outside.

My DH is awful about eating leftovers. He always says "yeah, go ahead and save that and I'll eat it later" and yet... there it always sits in the frig for days. Drives me nuts. Leftovers are great!!

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Sometimes I make double portions of meat...but we use the extra for a completely different meal.

Leftovers are typically eaten for lunch the next day.
sukainah
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Usually eat it as is.

LaniBee
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on what it is. If it's something that's already made (like lasagna), I'll eat it as is. If it's just single ingredients (like a piece of steak or grilled chicken), I'll make a new meal out of it.

lil_mama06
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We eat leftovers...Sometimes when we have leftover chicken we will do chicken tacos and chicken salads...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN