Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Salads for Dinner

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
  • 47 Replies

Do you ever serve salad as a main dinner dish? Occasionally I do and grill some chicken with it. Do you make a specialty salad?

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I do the same as well with grilled chicken, sometimes even those tiny shrimps in a salad, super yummy. lol 

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Those little shrimps are awesome. And with casear dressing...my goodness they are good!

Quoting PeachQuean:

I do the same as well with grilled chicken, sometimes even those tiny shrimps in a salad, super yummy. lol 

Alieda
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If I did it is a taco salad , or a fruit salad with  some kind of a muffin

abra
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! We love a spinach and green bean salad with some grilled steak slices on top. I serve it in a citrusy horseradish yogurt dressing!

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Is that dressing homemade? It sounds yummy. Would you mind sharing the recipe please?

Quoting abra:

Yes! We love a spinach and green bean salad with some grilled steak slices on top. I serve it in a citrusy horseradish yogurt dressing!

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, we will eat salads as a meal occassionally. tonight I'm making a quinoa salad with sauteed fresh vegetables and carmelized onion.

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

DD and I love tuna salad or chicken salad.

I sprinkle the tune over the salad and with the chicken I'll either bake it or grill it-chop it up and mix it in.

KREX0914
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Lettuce, spinach, olives, julienned carrots, avocado, grilled chicken, olive oil and vinegar. YUM!

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We are having Salads tonight! Chili Lime Rubbed Steak Sliced up and put on a bed of greens with lightly cooked spiralized zucchini and topped with salsa, guac, sour cream and fresh grape tomatoes. (all veggies from my garden!)

My favorite is Berry Almond Chicken Salad though..it is a copycat of the one Wendy's serves but much better LOL.

olliesmommy2
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
All the time in the summer. My husband likes steak salad, I just like a ton of lettuce with tomatoes and pickled red onions, anything else is a bonus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)