Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baked Beans Recipe

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

Bush's baked beans are my favorite, but I would like to have a homemade version.  Does anyone have a tried and true baked bean recipe?  I know I could look it up onine, but sometimes the search results are vague and unrelated.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
taKENheart
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I love Bush's baked beans.  I tried to find a recipe to make them from scratch once and gave up because they all called for canned beans, lol!  I cooked my beans once and followed a recipe for canned but it didn't work out.  

I hope someone can help you out with a tried and true recipe.
Good luck! 

ablox
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/18255/boston-baked-beans

Sorry idk how to make it clicky. I omit the bacon. It is dry beans by the way. I have brought it to cook outs and everyone always loves it.
ScrChk23
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I have had a lot of luck with All Recipes. I will try this. Thank you!

Quoting ablox: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/18255/boston-baked-beans

Sorry idk how to make it clicky. I omit the bacon. It is dry beans by the way. I have brought it to cook outs and everyone always loves it.
TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Never made homemade, but I do add a mittle syrup, salt, pepper and bacon.

louannwilkins
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I just buy a couple of cans of pork and beans.  I drain one and just add the whole can for the other one.  I mix in diced onion, green bell pepper, dump in ketchup....to taste....maybe 3 /4 cup or so, dry mustard...about a teaspoon or so, brown sugar....about 1/2 cup or so....its all according to taste.  Mix together and bake.  I normally fry up some bacon and lay it on top.  Some people add bacon raw to the top but I don't like to do it that way. 

MamaBear2cubs
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Sounds yummy!!

cupomeow
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Molasses and bacon are key.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)