Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go to Breakfast

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are some of your favorite breakfast foods?  Recipes welcome.good morning

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I haven't been a breakfast person most of my life.  If I eat that type of food then we would have it for lunch or dinner, lol.
No recipes.
I'm on a "get yo' metabolism back" diet so I am eating breakfast but I am not happy and will have to change it up.

As a kid my Oma would make crepes ;)
She also would fry quartered biscuits that we dipped in honey...so good but not healthy.

When I have eaten breakfast as an adult I like sausage egg and cheese Grands biscuit sandwiches. 

ablox
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Oatmeal cooked just enough to be cooked, English muffins, I bought some flatbreads thinking I could recreate the breakfast sandwich at dunkin donuts but it didn't taste the same (sigh)
SuperPickle
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My current favorite is an omelette with strawberries, pepper jack and ham.....it is so yummy!!!

If I need to make breakfast for a crowd I will  make these up at night and pop them in the oven in the am

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2014/06/breakfast-enchiladas.html

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2014/03/ham-and-cheese-hash-brown-casserole.html

I actually made up this sweet breakfast on a whim the other day and it was delicious....I think it would be awesome with maple bars....or other berries or fruit.....

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2014/07/donut-casserole.html

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Egg and cheese omelet with sausage links
othermom
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM

We usually have cereal

Emily197
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Oatmeal, muffins, cereal. Usually we dont have alot of time in the morning to cook a big breakfast. 

Morning muffins

Muffin Batter:
4 cups all-purpose flour
Generous 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 to 2 cups sweet orange marmalade (use 2 cups if you like the bitter marmalade taste, less if you don't)
1 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 whole eggs, beaten
Topping:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Wheat germ, for sprinkling
Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

For the muffin batter: Sift together the flour, granulated sugar and baking powder. Place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter to mix in the butter and shortening.

Mix the marmalade, orange juice and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour the marmalade mixture into the flour mixture. Pour the eggs into the bowl. Mix all ingredients together gently, using fewer than 10 large strokes.

For the topping: Mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.

Fill muffin pans with batter. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of topping ingredients over each muffin. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon wheat germ over the top for extra crunch if desired.

Bake until done, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature.

ScrChk23
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Crepes sound good.  They are too sugary for me to eat more than a few bites.

Quoting taKENheart:

I haven't been a breakfast person most of my life.  If I eat that type of food then we would have it for lunch or dinner, lol.No recipes.I'm on a "get yo' metabolism back" diet so I am eating breakfast but I am not happy and will have to change it up.As a kid my Oma would make crepes ;)She also would fry quartered biscuits that we dipped in honey...so good but not healthy.When I have eaten breakfast as an adult I like sausage egg and cheese Grands biscuit sandwiches. 

ScrChk23
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Yum!  Do the muffins taste just as good the following day?

Quoting Emily197:

Oatmeal, muffins, cereal. Usually we dont have alot of time in the morning to cook a big breakfast. 

Morning muffinsMuffin Batter:4 cups all-purpose flourGenerous 1/2 cup granulated sugar2 tablespoons baking powder4 tablespoons unsalted butter1/4 cup shortening1 1/2 to 2 cups sweet orange marmalade (use 2 cups if you like the bitter marmalade taste, less if you don't)1 cup orange juice2 teaspoons vanilla extract3 whole eggs, beatenTopping:1/2 cup granulated sugar1/4 cup brown sugar2 tablespoons melted butter1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 teaspoon ground nutmeg1/2 teaspoon saltWheat germ, for sprinklingDirectionsPreheat the oven to 375 degrees F.For the muffin batter: Sift together the flour, granulated sugar and baking powder. Place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter to mix in the butter and shortening.Mix the marmalade, orange juice and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour the marmalade mixture into the flour mixture. Pour the eggs into the bowl. Mix all ingredients together gently, using fewer than 10 large strokes.For the topping: Mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.Fill muffin pans with batter. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of topping ingredients over each muffin. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon wheat germ over the top for extra crunch if desired.Bake until done, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature.

louannwilkins
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Normally I just eat some toast or yogurt or cereal for breakfast.  It's nice once in a while to have a big breakfast of bacon, eggs and grits or hash browns.  YUM  :)

Emily197
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM
They taste just as good the next few days usually they will last 3 day at my house if the kids don't eat them for a snack. I like to pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to reheat them a bit

Quoting ScrChk23:

Yum!  Do the muffins taste just as good the following day?

Quoting Emily197:

Morning muffinsMuffin Batter:4 cups all-purpose flourGenerous 1/2 cup granulated sugar2 tablespoons baking powder4 tablespoons unsalted butter1/4 cup shortening1 1/2 to 2 cups sweet orange marmalade (use 2 cups if you like the bitter marmalade taste, less if you don't)1 cup orange juice2 teaspoons vanilla extract3 whole eggs, beatenTopping:1/2 cup granulated sugar1/4 cup brown sugar2 tablespoons melted butter1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1 teaspoon ground nutmeg1/2 teaspoon saltWheat germ, for sprinklingDirectionsPreheat the oven to 375 degrees F.For the muffin batter: Sift together the flour, granulated sugar and baking powder. Place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter to mix in the butter and shortening.Mix the marmalade, orange juice and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour the marmalade mixture into the flour mixture. Pour the eggs into the bowl. Mix all ingredients together gently, using fewer than 10 large strokes.For the topping: Mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.Fill muffin pans with batter. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of topping ingredients over each muffin. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon wheat germ over the top for extra crunch if desired.Bake until done, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)