Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Grocery budget?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:19 AM
  • 38 Replies

How much do you think you spend per week on groceries? Ours is outrageous and I'm not exactly sure what we spend?shopping

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khanfan
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM

We are recovering from DH being out of work. I spent 71.00 on friday for our weeks worth, and I have to go get milk and butter today.

When life was more normal I spent at least 400 per month for 3 ppl, I was always at the store. I believe in budgeting...but ya know. simple frown

Juniper53098
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I spend about $150/week on groceries for the 4 of us.  But, we also buy meat and produce directly from the farmers and that is not part of the $150, as they're once a year costs.

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Probably about 100 a week but I don't have kids at home now either

Beachdeprived
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I don't really set a budget but I got to Walmart every 2 weeks and spend anywhere from $200-$250 but that also includes toiletries, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. so the bill varies depending upon what I need. There are 3 of us (me, DH and DD) but I do like to stock up and have extra things on hand. For some reason during the winter I fool myself into thinking I'll be snowed in for weeks so I always stash stuff in the deep freeze or pantry. :)

taKENheart
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM

We don't worry about it anymore so I'm not really sure what we spend. I used to spend about $125 per person for the household per month when the kids were in High School.

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been there, girl, and I know it's not fun at all. Hugs...things will start to look up!

Quoting Khanfan:

We are recovering from DH being out of work. I spent 71.00 on friday for our weeks worth, and I have to go get milk and butter today.

When life was more normal I spent at least 400 per month for 3 ppl, I was always at the store. I believe in budgeting...but ya know. simple frown

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I do the same in the Winter! I HATE to run out in the cold for something stupid!

Quoting Beachdeprived:

I don't really set a budget but I got to Walmart every 2 weeks and spend anywhere from $200-$250 but that also includes toiletries, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. so the bill varies depending upon what I need. There are 3 of us (me, DH and DD) but I do like to stock up and have extra things on hand. For some reason during the winter I fool myself into thinking I'll be snowed in for weeks so I always stash stuff in the deep freeze or pantry. :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

OMG I cant imagine my food burget without these kids! I might finally be able to go on vacation or get a facelift...lol!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Probably about 100 a week but I don't have kids at home now either

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Quoting Juniper53098:

I spend about $150/week on groceries for the 4 of us.  But, we also buy meat and produce directly from the farmers and that is not part of the $150, as they're once a year costs.

Is it worth it to do that? I've always wanted to but its so much money up front!

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Quoting Khanfan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN