Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Bok Choy

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am part of a CSA share. I often receive Bok Choy. We have no idea how to use it (other than chinese, which we will not be doing bc it never turns out as well as the restaurant.) We usually just chop the white ends off and waste them, and make a salad with the greens. Any ideas??

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM
The white part is great to broil, or add a bechamel sauce on top with other roasted veggies. Throw it into pasta dishes, too! Sauteed bok choy is killer, too, with simple S&P and garlic.
taKENheart
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM

I'd saute it with some minced garlic and s&p to taste.  
You can also roast it with Salmon but the only recipe I know has Asian flavors. 
I know some people add it to soups or wilt it in pasta dishes.  I wish I could be more help. 

Juniper53098
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I've never made it.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM

We do use it saute it with a little garlic and a touch of oyster sauce.  We also will make a quick noodle soup, box of chicken broth and onion and bring to boil and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.  Get shredded chicken, the bok choy, some mushrooms and some cooked  noodles and throw it all in for about 10 minutes on medium heat. 

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:39 PM

A friend of mine makes a "salad" with bok choy and ramen noodles.  Not sure what all goes in it but I'm sure you could find a recipe on the internet.  It is AWESOME!!  I'm not kidding.  She chops it up and add some kind of dressing over it and lets it sit for a bit in the fridge.  I'll have to see if she has a recipe but in the meantime if you'll look on allrecipes I'm sure you'll find something.  Let us know what you do  :)

rebeccab1966
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM

It's delicious braised.  Put it in a dutch oven with a good amount of chicken broth, some butter or olive oil, salt and pepper.  Cover and cook in the oven until tender.

MixedCooke
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:29 AM

steam, boil or stir fry the ENTIRE thing! 

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I've never had it so I have no idea!

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Ive never used it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)