Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crockpot Chicken & Potato Soup

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2017 at 3:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

32 oz  chicken broth

1 can  corn

4-5  medium potatoes

1  chicken breast

1  Tbs. butter

1/2 tsp  onion powder

1/2 tsp  garlic powder

1/2 tsp  salt

1  tsp chives

4 pieces  bacon

1/3 cup  flour

1/3 cup  milk

Turn crock pot on high, add chicken broth and corn. Wash and cube potatoes, add to crock pot. Cube chicken breast, saute in butter with onion powder, garlic powder, and salt until done. Add chicken to crock pot, along with chives and bacon. Add more onion powder, salt, and garlic powder if needed. (Use your best judgement.) Let cook on high for 1 hour. Mix flour and milk with a whisk into a paste, add to the soup, stir until incorporated into entire soup. Serve with cheese and rolls/cornbread.

I write about easy recipes, family, and life on my blog at www.absorbinggrace.com.

I am eager to share the delicious recipes that I know and love, as well as LEARN from other moms! I would LOVE to hear your crockpot recipes...they are my current obsession.

by on Jan. 31, 2017 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NearSeattleMom
by on Jan. 31, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Sounds good!

I just started making beef stroganoff in the Crockpot. (Martha Stewart's recipe.)  It's easy and delicious.

Most recently, I made chicken soup - I adapted the Pioneer Women's chicken pot-pie recipe and turned it into soup.  My family loved it.  

babyboxfish
by on Jan. 31, 2017 at 9:48 PM

eating

LancesMom
by on Feb. 1, 2017 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

This sounds yummy and not as fattening as other potato soups I've seen!

absorbinggrace
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Sounds good!

I just started making beef stroganoff in the Crockpot. (Martha Stewart's recipe.)  It's easy and delicious.

Most recently, I made chicken soup - I adapted the Pioneer Women's chicken pot-pie recipe and turned it into soup.  My family loved it.  

Oh, beef stroganoff!!! YUM! And Pioneer Woman -- you can't go wrong with any of her stuff! How did you adapt it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)