Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to the group with sleep question

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

I am new to the group and have an issue with my ds sleeping.  he will be 3 in october and he still NEEDS a nap.  trust me he needs it.  if he doesn't nap he is a totally nightmare by 6 pm but i cant get him to settle down and sleep during the day.  i have tried just getting him to "rest" watching a movie and that doesn't work.  he doesnt want to stay in bed and stop playing with his toys long enough to sleep.  i also have a 12 weeks old so i have to attend to her while i am trying to lay him back in bed every 2 minutes.  we dont have any of these issues at night either

by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Riahsmom1
by Group Owner on Sep. 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM
I just had a baby three months ago and also have a three year old (girl)! I have recently told my dd that as long as she stays in bed she can read but if she gets up, she is done. After about fifteen minutes, she's asleep! If she doesn't sleep she goes to bed at six that night=)
Angel_Baby_4U
by Group Admin on Sep. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM

The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep. This may be a good and helpful book for you : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)