Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's get our dancing shoes on!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 387 Total Views

Summer is coming... and hopefully I'll stay away from hospital this year. LOL  Last year was not easy for me as I went to the hospital twice as out patient for different reasons.

I'm looking forward to go out of state to work on the property.  We're going to have our roof building set up this summer and dig for power line to come into the property.  Maybe "wick" for water holes which we need for drill well to supply the water.

Only take one thing at a time.  We're making progress...

What about you Classy women?  I would love to hear your plan this blissful summer!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reener
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:53 PM

We'll do a couple car shows, work on renovating our very outdated bathrooms, maintain the stupid pool, drink beer, go to a NASCAR race, I have a wedding to attend, and  probably bail out the kids in some sort of mess or other. sunglasses mini

lalisweet1
by Group Owner on May. 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Cool beans!  We're suppose to remodel out outdated 50's kitchen too... it has CARPET! icky!  Will work on those in the fall... sigh.

whistling

Quoting Reener:

We'll do a couple car shows, work on renovating our very outdated bathrooms, maintain the stupid pool, drink beer, go to a NASCAR race, I have a wedding to attend, and  probably bail out the kids in some sort of mess or other. sunglasses mini

Reener
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Carpet? YUK! That would have been the first thing to go when I moved in!

We just put tile down, well, going on about 2 years, and the grout just completely got dirty. It's an off white grout. The floor looks like crap now, so I bought some grout cleaner and I'll see if that cleans it up alittle. I even sealed it, and it still got really dirty. I was soooooo pissed!

Then we had Granite Transformations come in and put a granite countertop in. Don't know if you've ever heard of them, but they put a 1/4" thick granit countertop right over your existing countertop. Pretty cool idea, huh? Not unless the countertop cracks somewhere along the way. They had to come back and replace the entire countertop, it was a month long process, it only takes a day to install it but they had to come, take pictures from various angles of the foot long crack, then they had to meet and discuss, come back and make a template, then go and make sure they could get the granite in as close to the pattern that was there, then install this thing. This time I told them THEY had to remove the sink. Last time, my husband and I did and what a nightmare. So they did.

Never again.

Oh, and the dishwasher.....geezus effin kreist.......you would have thought we were installing a the town's water works. And the door to it JUUUUUST fits under the new granite counter tops, you have to kind of work it slightly to close. Too bad, it's staying that way even if we sell the house.

Renovations.....gotta love 'em!

robinann
by Group Admin on May. 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Don't have any plans what so ever. Probably take the 5th wheel up by Canada to do some weekend camping.

Reener
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Quoting robinann:

Don't have any plans what so ever. Probably take the 5th wheel up by Canada to do some weekend camping.

Camping's good.

lalisweet1
by Group Owner on May. 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM

got passport ready? hehe

Quoting robinann:

Reener
by on May. 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I'm gonna get one.....planning on leavin' for England...in the near future.

lalisweet1
by Group Owner on May. 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Cool beans! Lucky YOU!

Quoting Reener:

I'm gonna get one.....planning on leavin' for England...in the near future.

robinann
by Group Admin on May. 31, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Glad we didn't go camping.  All it's done is rain this weekend.

lalisweet1
by Group Owner on May. 31, 2010 at 7:22 PM

WHAT! you didnt bother to visit me? LOL  I mean... here, online! haha... I just commented on the other post about your camping... shesh... where am i? LOL

Quoting robinann:

Glad we didn't go camping.  All it's done is rain this weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)