Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Air Force is on my shit list right now...

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

DH put on E5 Sept 1st (YAY), and they had always told us once he does, he will get orders.  We got our orders to Alaska.  January 2012 is his end of service date or whatever it's called.  Alaska is a 3 year tour.  So, they tell him he needs to extend for a few months (since he can't re-up yet).  Ok, I knew this was going to happen.

He is deployed right now...He has 30 days to extend or he loses the assignment.  They want it done in person!  There is nowhere there for him to do this.  WTF people.  Why would you give someone orders when you can see that they A) need to extend AND B) are deployed.

They are suppose to let him know tomorrow what they are going to do.  I'm going to be SOOOOO mad if this falls through.  We've been here for almost 5 years.  It's time to go!!!!

by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AMarineLovesMe
by Group Owner on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I would be pissed too!!!  That is ridiculous!  They should have someone/someplace for him to be able to do his extension over there.  What crap!

Join us at A Different Kind of Normal to ask for advice, start a debate, or just chat.

usafwife314
by Member on Sep. 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I went and talked to my neighbor, he said there had to be something somewhere for him to be able to extend.  They better figure something out!  I am SO ready to be out of this state.

AMarineLovesMe
by Group Owner on Sep. 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I hope they can figure something out cause that is just stupid and makes no damn sense!  I thought the AF was supposed to be the smart branch?  LOL

Join us at A Different Kind of Normal to ask for advice, start a debate, or just chat.

usafwife314
by Member on Sep. 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

He's in bravoalphalimaalphadelta...(don't want anyone screeming opsec at me), and it's one of the biggest bases over there.  There is Army on it too.  You would think with THAT many people there would be a need for personel office LOL.

Oh and Air Force is the smart branch :)  Still trying to figure out why they let Michael in

AMarineLovesMe
by Group Owner on Sep. 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM

LMAO that was good.... take that OPSEC haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN