Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life after Pertussis...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

I know some of us have lost our children to Pertussis and some of us haven't. Of course the ones who unfortunately lost their children obviously deal with grief. How is the quality of life after Pertussis whose children survived?My son didn't make it so we are left to rebuild our "new" life. We were told that if he survived he would have many medical related problems among other things such as physical therapy. Many of the problems would have been from all the medical interventions that he had. So what are the things you have to deal with after Pertussis?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 11:07 AM

hi im diana my dd charlotte is 8 weeks old she was diagnosed at 6 weeks old..we are still going thru it but since she got pertussis she now has apnea and has to be on a heart and breathing moniter..charlotte spent a week in the hospital but it was not as bad as some of the stories i have heard..im so sorry for your loss..im trying to get people aware that this is a serious disease but no one has even heard of it..they just think its the croup..they say ifmy child get it is no biggie..i hate when people brush us off about it..or think were exxhaggerating her cough that its a cold and she will get over it..thank you for makeing this group an active one..can i sugggest this group to others?..i also have a 3 yr old who did not get it nor did my hubby..i was vaccinated in the hospital after i had my dd this is charlotte

butterfly diana Pictures, Images and Photos
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)