Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any crafters among us?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

Just wondering.  I work outside the home, as well as direct selling with diamond creek candles. I've also started doing craft shows.  I'd love to hear any advice from other crafters.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
somuchlaundry
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a craft, but I make HOMEMADE PECAN PRALINES !!!   Pure stuff like sugar, evaporated milk, butter, vanilla, pecans go into this and IT IS LUCIOUS!!!  I ship anywhere in the US..fresh..  13.00 per dozen plus shipping!!   I do baskets and gift tins...people love getting sweet treats as birthday, anniversary, Christmas gifts!!!     As for advice, keep your eye out for booths at craft shows, local expos, and offer coupons to an apartment complex to give to their new tenants...and give one the manager for doing this for you.  Place a small, tasteful sticker on your car window just to get the word out, make sure your phone number is on it...you would be surprised how many people put your number in their cell to refer back to. Make a small gift basket with your products and bring it with you to work, your child's school, etc. Sell raffle tickets for this basket and when you have made your desired profit, have one of your kids pick the name and award the basket...everyone who buys a ticket gets a catalog and be sure to get their name so you can follow up with them before you place your next order to the company...hope this is useful to someone :)     Penny    By the way, I also sell Avon products, so this works well with this type of product as well!!!

angiewith2
by Group Owner on Nov. 11, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Great ideas thank you so much for sharing.  I made flyers and asked permission to hang them on bulletin boards at the grocery store and my bank.  I carry small scent sample baggies with my business card in them with me at all times.  I have a magnet on the side of my car with my candle info. I went through a BK drive thru one time and the lady at the window asked about my company so I whipped out my sample baggie with my card. She was happy I gave it to her. I also handed some out at my kids bus stop and got a decent sale from it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)