Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 292 Total Views
Hello  I am Kat. I have had issues with thyroid since after my 2nd child in 97.I was diganosed with graves. Then it went away for a yr. Came back with a goder.Living with it.Then in 2002 found out that I had cysts on my thryoid that were possibly cancerous.In the mean time my body went into failure. Had so many issues with bladder,kidneys. At the same time I was pregoo with #4.After she was born I had it removed July 13 2004. It has been alot of struggle but I am still here and alive. I have no thryoid now and live off pills daily.Have what is called Hasimoto thyroid disease. I have had weight issues since all this.Thanks for reading.

Kat
wahm to 4 girls
owner and candlemaker of
www.candlesfavorsnmore.com
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Angeleyes39
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Welcome Kat. 

What lies before us and what lies behind us are nothing compared to what lies within us
-
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

saimee
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Hi, Kat

My Mom has Hasimoto, she's been living with it for many years and now is in her 60's.  Your the only other person I know of with Hasimoto.  I don't know if you know of anyone else.  But I do know my Mom has dealt with it longer than I can remember.  I guess what I'm trying to tell you is, you can still live a long happy life.

Amy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)