Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Theme Gardens

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

Yesterday was a beautiful day here...the perfect weather for stripping down flower beds!

I didn't overdo it...taking one at a time right now. I can't afford to be in bed from all that gun-ho gardening! I ripped out alot of stuff that just hasn't been producing well...and now, it's pretty much bare...so, I'm going to start over from scratch! YEAH!

Since I basically don't have anything left at this point, I thought I would do a theme garden there...it's right in my front entry area...a little sitting nook on the East side of the house...so, it only gets morning sun..perfect for morning coffee...and I can see the horses from there. So, I was thinkin' butterflies, hummingbirds, song-birds...you know have fun with it all!

Put some colorful Glass and windchimes out there...REcycle an old table or bench for added heighth maybe....looking for ideas...if anyones got any...plant wise too!

I'll post a pic so you can see the space better, and then it will be easier to visualize. It's already rock lined, but I'm thinking red rocks over all, instead of red colored bark....still deciding there as well.butterfly on head

Tammy recycling sweetpeaREcrafting for $entsibility!

Group Owner: www.cafemom.com/thegreener-sideoflife

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2sbtrn1mom
by Group Owner on May. 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Okay, I got it all ready to putin the flowers, bushes, and rocks...I think! Going this week to start picking everything out. Right now I just have my garden stuff back ontop of everything, so nothing blows away...the wind is ferocious here!

It's a work in progress, but it'll be worth it...butterflies will hopefully be happy here...soon! hehehe!

Tammy recycling sweetpeaREcrafting for $entsibility!

Group Owner: www.cafemom.com/thegreener-sideoflife

puddleybug
by on May. 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM

LOVE IT!!! It is going to be lovely. you are lucky, we can't even think about planting a thing right now. It is so cold still. Our low today was 27, terrible, and not normal. Hubby planted starts awhile ago because it looked like it was getting nice, then it turned on us and we are still getting snow!!! All of his little plants died in the basement because we couldn't get them planted. I can't wait to get some warm sunny weather, I've got a flower bed out there that is just calling my name.

2sbtrn1mom
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Okay, I got some bad news that'll make ya feel better...they're calling for SNOW THIS WEEKEND! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I'm puttin' off my flower shopping trip for Mother's Day now....bummer! I was really lookin' forward to it too!

Well, it's good to DREAM...........so, it's GOOD to plan! Even if a few things die in the process, they mustn't have been good for planting...don't lose hope! Summer is coming! I smelled fresh cut grass in the wind today......mmmmmmmmm, what a good feeling that always generates for me! Keeps me hopeful for warmer days ahead! It was very chilly here today though....so, we're not out of the woods yet either! Started up the pelllet stove again this evening...brrrrrrrr!

Oh well, it keeps me in a little while longer to get some much needed crochet therapy time in! And some much needed reorganization of closets too! LOL! It's amazing what you find after the winter starts to desolve....and things start to get put away until next season....lots of 'crap' you forgot about...til' it needs to be found yet again! hehehe!

Chin up girl! Smile at the sun.....and let the warmth of God's love give you a much needed hug today! Lovin' ya from here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)