Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aspiring interior designers remodels herself!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

Isagenix

World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing

Success Stories
Melisa S.
before
Melisa S.
after

Name: Melisa S.
Height: 5’6”
Was: 346 pounds
Lost: 74 pounds*
Additional Weight Lost
Since Challenge: 12 pounds*
As Of: July 2009

Aspiring Interior Designer Remodels Outward Appearance With Isagenix®

Melisa’s physical appearance seemed to be a constant barrier keeping her from achieving success in her life. At 358 pounds, her professors discouraged her from becoming an interior designer because negative perceptions in the industry.

Still, Melisa was determined to prove them wrong. After she graduated, she attended job interview after job interview, with no luck. She was told that her design work was amazing, and was even called back for second and third interviews, yet she never received a job offer. One interviewer even explained that he would love to hire her, but appearance-wise, she wasn’t physically what the client would expect.

“I was feeling extremely demoralized,” shares 32-year-old Melisa. “They would say, ‘If you can’t put yourself together, how are you going to put together a home or office?’”

Melisa became depressed and isolated herself from the world. She rarely left her bed and eventfully, her friends disappeared and her family felt lost not knowing what to do to help her. Then her health took a turn. At just 32, Melisa experienced chest pains and her concerned doctor sent her to the emergency room to get the symptoms checked out.

“I had never been more scared in my life,” shares Melisa. “I couldn’t believe I had let myself get to that point.”

That was it. Finally ready to change her life around, Melisa heard about Isagenix® from a friend and started the Cleansing and Fat Burning System: 30-day supply. It didn’t take long before her body began to feel a difference. She was sleeping better and the weight had begun melting off.

If timing is everything, then Melisa was exactly where she needed to be. Shortly after starting Isagenix, she met 5-Star Golden Circle and Nutritionist Jim R. who encouraged her to participate in the 2009 IsaBody Challenge™ for extra motivation.

“I was hesitant at first because when you weigh as much as I did, you don’t think you can do it,” says Melisa. “I started working out 20 minutes a day and now I can work out for two hours at a time. Every day it became easier to go to the gym and then it even became fun.”

Melisa also started tracking all of the milestone moments that happened along the way, including being able to finally put on her own socks.

“At 350 pounds, you can’t reach your feet,” explains Melisa. “That was one of the first things I could do after starting Isagenix and I don’t want to forget that feeling, that small victory, because it keeps me going forward.”

Melisa can now bike 10 miles a day and she’s even coaching a soccer team. One of her biggest accomplishments was mountain climbing near Lake Powell, something she couldn’t and wouldn’t have even tried before Isagenix.

Another dream turned reality? A fashionista at heart, now that Melisa is 7 dress sizes smaller*, she’s finally able to wear the latest trends because she can find them in her size.

“I was a size 34, now I’m a 20,” she gushes. “It was such an emotional moment when I was able to go shopping for the first time. Initially, I picked out the biggest size that was available on the rack and it was too big! I started sobbing in the dressing room — that was quite a moment for me. Now I can go into any store at the mall and buy clothes.”

As for her skeptics, Melisa started her own interior design company with her father and is now proving everyone who doubted her wrong.

“No one would give me a chance so I gave myself one,” she explains. “Isagenix gave me the energy and confidence to do this. I’m working on multiple design projects and I can now put in long days because I feel so great.”

*The weight-loss testimonials presented apply only to the individuals depicted, cannot be guaranteed, and should not be considered typical. An unpublished 2008 university study showed a statistically significant weight loss of seven pounds during the first nine days of the Cleansing and Fat Burning System.

More about Melisa

Melisa S.

• Melisa’s Tips for Weight-Loss & Health Success:
  • Celebrate the small milestones and don’t dwell on the minor setbacks.
  • Be realistic with your goals — you can’t compare yourself to other people.
  • It’s important to be honest with yourself and your expectations.
  • Melisa's Favorite Products:
  • IsaDelight®
  • Want More Energy?®
  • IsaCalcium®
  • IsaPro®

Lose weight and cleanse your body naturally.

Ask me how you can make a life changing income by getting healthy!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
myisagenixbiz
by Group Owner on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

An update on Melisa:

She's now lost 114 lbs!!!!! 

I love these success stories.  They let me know that I'm not alone, that I CAN change, and be the person I want to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)