Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Influencer Program: Holiday Planning Non-Video Influencers

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 214 Replies

125 CafeMom members were given a $50 Kmart gift card and were asked to share their holiday planning thoughts with us.

Learn more about their holiday shopping plans and find out what's on their family wish lists.

CafeMom Kmart Holiday Planning Non-Video Influencers post your thoughts here!

>< The CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoyandLove
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I have never used layaway before. However this year I think it will be beneficial to try it. I am going to use layaway this year for my Christmas shopping.

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

barfydoogin
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I have used layaway every year since my ds who is 13 years old now was born it makes Christmas less stressful when you can make payments rather than pay for everything at one time. holding giftsPlus if you find exactly what you want but do not have the money at that time you can put it on layaway and get it out when you do have the money.

kcangel63
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM
I have used the layaway plan a few times and have found it so helpful. With the economy the way it is this year, I am really thinking about using the layaway plan this year. It is nice to use when you see something that you need (or want) but do not have all the cash with you. :) You don't miss out on the sale, or worry that the item will be gone when you get back.
cthorn14
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Layaway

I honestly, love layaway. I thought that KMart was very very smart in keeping it. I'm sure that walmart and many other stores are losing out on ALOT of money because of it. I've always used layaway for birthdays, anniversaries, halloween and christmas. I lock in deals and can pay over time. It's very easy and it actually saves me money if I dont have the money at the time. 10% down? No biggie! Layaway is already in the works for me, we've already been stocking up (my mom and I) for birthday and christmas gifts for my daughter.

Our Families 2009 Wish List

Husband - TV stand (black & glass), New table, Clothing, Shoes, Flat Screen, Laptop, Playstation 3, Playstation 3 games, Deodorants, Stuff for his car, Gas grill

Step Son - Hot wheels, coloring books, xbox 360, nintendo DS I, Nintendo DS I games, swords, guns, outside games

Step Daughter - Coloring books, jewelry, Nintendo DS I, Nintendo DS I games, play kitchen, makeup, Stuffed animals

Daughter - (Is too young to make a wish list, so we'll get her toys and things she might like, along with homeschooling items)

Me - Nothing really. Just some new clothing and some makeup.

Shopping Plans

I start shopping RIGHT after Christmas is over and then throughout the whole year. That's what makes Layaway great is because I can have as many orders as I want and be able to get them at those prices. If you shop a couple months before the holiday season...you're nuts and you're losing money. All those offers go on sale afterwards! I just go to KMart and browse, there are always deals there. I normally shop with my mom and my daughter.

Momof2Stepof3
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Layaway - I am bummed to find out the only KMart in my area doesn't do layaway. I wonder why some stores do it and others don't. Wish List - DH - New car, up grade on his pc DD9 - DS games, DSI, and CD's DS11 - DSI, DS games and Movies Me - I don't want any thing other then my family to be happy this year. Jenn
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
s.t.e.p.h
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I've never used layaway..but I think this year we'll be trying it!

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.
wedding web site

Momof2Stepof3
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Shopping plans - I have already started on top of my 2 kids we have my step kids to shop for plus the step kids birthdays are in the month of December also :( Jenn
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
TwinMomma122304
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I'm sooooooooooo happy I am one of the lucky mommas!  I haven't used layaway in a long time, but it's nice to see that K-Mart still offers it!!!  Too many stores have gotten away from it, and I think it's a great option for those of us who like to make payments, instead of having to shell out all our money at once (and *some* of us don't have credit cards, nor do we want them, so this is a great option!).

I have yet to sit down and figure out our holiday planning...I really need to do that.  =)

MellieAndRiley
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I've never used layaway and I honestly haven't shopped KMart in forever.  I'm excited to go and look at their toy selection though.  I'm pretty sure my gift card will be used on toys for my little girl! 

klotztheatre
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I love layaway. Walmart was so silly to get rid of it! I am glad and surprised to find out that Kmart still does this. Nothing is worse than having one of your children find their presents early, huh?!  I also love sales, so I will be posting a lot of good sales when I see them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)