Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday ♥MUST HAVES♥

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

What are the stores you ALWAYS go to for Black Friday? What were the places with the best deals?

Last year, I got the best deals at Walmart because of the DS lite and the mario Bro. combo. They also had hoodies for a great price.   Then at Kmart, I got all of my childrens footie pjs for like 2.00 each. It was a great deal. I also got starwars legos for like 4 for 25.oo which was a great deal. I am hoping this year with the economy stinking so much, that we can find more deals!! We also got some really neat things at Toys r us, but some of their things were "get you in the door" gimmicky things I thought.

by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klotztheatre
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Ooh, I forgot to add. Last year, my DH went to sears and bought me a set of Ginsu knives (which are awesome!)!!! They were on sale for 45.00 and with his coupon and online special, he got them for 10.00....See I'm turning him into a thrifty shopper.

lovemyhannah06
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM

i havent gone for black friday the last 2 yrs but when i did go it was walmart kohls target and sometimes kmart

court30
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I always do walmart and last year i did walgreens for the webkinz  since they were like 2 for 6 bucks. Last year i did disney at midnight which was neat. This year i am doing the outlet mall at midnight and then running to walmart and maybe target and kmart for the first time! I cant wait!!!

JessecaLynn
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Last year was the first year I did Black Friday since I am usually very anxious around large crowds.  But we went to Kohls, Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart. 

jollilolli
by Member on Oct. 15, 2009 at 6:53 PM

If I am at home, my husband always has to work Black Friday (she goes in at 5 am) and I never have anyone to watch my son, so I don't get to go.  If I am at my mom's visiting her for the Thanksgiving holiday she hates to go out in crowds so I don't get to go then either.  BIG BUMMER!!

lilmunchkin24
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I LOVE going shopping on Black Friday!  It gives me such a rush!  (I know I'm crazy) lol  I always hit up walmart and try to get to toys r us and target...May try kohls this year as well..But walmart is ALWAYS  a must!  I can't wait until Thanksgiving so I can get the sales papers and plan my route! 

melodyev
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Last year, I stood with my hand on a barbie jeep for a few hours for my best friend so she could get one for her daughter and one for a little boy she babysat. We got a lot of dvds for really cheap. We usually go to Toys R Us, Radio Shack, and then the mall after all those.

Birth Announcements

Mom2theboy1994
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 7:35 PM

The only store I would go stand in line for is now closed (Circuit City). They normally had really good deals on computer components. My husband isn't a Black Friday person, so I would go for him. :) Since they've closed I'll probably hit my normal stores during normal hours: Target, Walmart, Kohls, Kmart (Kmart ALWAYS has a great deal on soda on Black Friday! I know that sounds weird, but I always go and stock up, lol!), Best Buy, and a few boutiques I enjoy. I always get the newspaper, and map out my route. It's actually quick insane how my list looks, lol. I may have to take a picture and post it for y'all when I have it complete. :)

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 16, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I love blackfriday shopping. I havent been able to go out myself for the past 2 years because I worked, this year I am not working as of right now, so I do plan on going out. SInce I worked at TOysRus I got 1st dibs on sale items before anyone else did. so i would get my stuff and my bestfriends stuff, and I sent her around to the other stores as well as her ex MIL and thats how I got my BF deals. THe years before however we usually hit up walmart, and toysrus. thanksgiving night we sit down together and figure out who has what and what do we need. Years past we have gone to sears, pennys,cuircuit city (who has since closed down),old navy, kmart, walmart,toysrus,five below,khols,lowes, and riteaid.

credit cardholding gifts

karenmarie4961
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM

my work schedule never allowed me to be a part of black Friday, until 2 yrs ago, but I never have the energy or money to get out, but am going to make every effort to get out this year.  KMart will be my first stop, bc they have been good to me and then to WalMart.  I will NOT shop at Target bc they don't allow the Salvation Army bucket to be at their stores and since the SA was there for us when we needed them, I can't support them.  Never been big on Kohls, altho one of my friends now works there, so who knows! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN