When does your tree go up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know this is early but i put my tree up the day after Halloween, i live in minnesota and we always have snow by then ...........

i love putting up the tree and getting all the stuff out and getting it ready then i do my shopping the first  and second week of Nov,

So when does your tree go up?

love Georgia xoxo

by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM
Replies (11-18):
bjarrett
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Thanksgiving weekend.  But, we don't take it down until after our daughter's b-day Jan.11.  Only about a week later than before she was born. 

Brandi in Missouri

mombat
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Thanksgiving Day for us....we NEVER have snow....except the Christmas of 2004 ... then we were hit by Katrina 2005....heavy sigh 

RENEE

GsmackMom
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM

The day after Thanksgiving usually.  I want to get a white fake tree this year because I have a lot of ornaments that are black, silver and red. 

I have Nightmare Before Christmas oranments that I hang and even a Jack Skellington wreath.  I tried a regular live tree last year because I love live trees but the ornaments didn't stand out on it.  They have a cool white one at Walmart for $40 that is nice and full and looks pretty! 

I love decorating for Christmas and it usually encompasses the whole living room.  I hang the stockings and everything right away.  I live in an older farm house with tricky electrical so I do not do outside lighting, but I love lights!

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Sometime after December the 1st. but my children usually start asking me about the tree before then...

eammarx
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 12:42 AM

We like to get ours up either the weekend after T-day or the first weekend in December... Just depends on what we feel like 

kristydillon
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 12:52 AM

I start putting up the decorations Nov 1 and try to get a tree up by at least the 7th. They stay up until at least Jan 6th.  One year (before I had kids) I left the tree up until May, just decorated it for each holiday with an assortment of flowers in between. I would have left it longer but hubby had enough.

mrsjmomma
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 12:59 AM

We used to put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend but the last few years we have waited until the first weekend in Dec. because DD's(who will be 3) birthday is Dec. 1st.  We like to keep her Bday separate from the Christmas festivities!!  And we have her parties at our house so it would be cramped with a tree and all the other stuff put up for her party!  We love decorating the tree with Christmas music on! 

A_Mom_Of_Two
by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM

We put ours up generally the day after Thanksgiving.  I live in Southern  California so it's pretty hot her all year long.  Were hoping by then it's cold! LOL!!!  A couple of years we've had the high 90's for Christmas morning, it's pretty crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: