Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planning...or lack thereof

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM
  • 0 Replies

It may be that I am young, or that we haven't had much to spend on holiday stuff since we have been married...but I honestly have never made "plans" for my holiday shopping.  I usually do a little price research on the internet or as I do my other regular shopping.  I have started googling for coupons when my DH asks for something specific to see if I can find any coupons for it.  I definately don't start shopping until December.  I am horrible at keeping "secrets" and I love giving my family gifts so if I buy it any earlier I tend to find a reason to give it to them before Christmas! Last year and this year I am thinking about doing giftcards since the after-holiday sales are so much better than buying early and you end up getting more for your money. Except that I have small children and I want them to have the experience of unwrapping gifts on Christmas morning =) So maybe I'll get some less expensive "unwrappable" gifts and get giftcards for things like clothing needs. I usually don't shop with anyone except my children and that is out of sheer necessity - no one is going to watch them while I shop lol Although DH and I did get a babysitter last year to spend one day getting the kids' gifts, so I assume we'll do that again this year.  Just writing this made me want to start shopping! lol

Mommy to Arielle, 2/17/07, Leilani, 6/15/08 and Loic, 9/10/09!

blowing bubblestoddler girlbaby boy

by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN