Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you spending it?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I haven't used my GC yet.  The only Kmart nearby is an hour away and I want to know what I am going to get before I drive that far.  Right now I haven't decided.  Although my DH and I have come to 3 options:

1) Use it on something expensive that we would otherwise not buy and think of it as $50 off that price and put it in layaway to make payments on the remainder of the cost.

2) A few cheaper gifts for the kids

3) Use it on necessities like TP, toothbrushes, etc since we don't really have any money right now and hope that we'll be able to save more money to buy other gifts closer to Christmas

Not sure yet what we will do. I really want a flip video recorder which runs about $150 but I also don't want to buy MYSELF something unless I have everything I want for my children already purchased.  SO what will/have you spent your GC on?

Mommy to Arielle, 2/17/07, Leilani, 6/15/08 and Loic, 9/10/09!

blowing bubblestoddler girlbaby boy

by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MIMI_3
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I'm giving my GC to my son and DIL. I don't have a kmart in my area and they could really use it - with 3 kids!

:)

bjarrett
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I haven't used mine yet either.  I went to the closest store which is a Sears Grand, a Sears and KMart combined.  We drew names for Christmas to make it cheaper for everyone, I saw the perfect gift for my sister, but, our limit is 20.00 and even though 20.00 plus the GC would cover it, I didn't get her name!  lol....

I'm thinking new pillows for everyone or pj's, or maybe house slipper's.  not totally decided  yet....I want to use it wisely.  Maybe I'll look at what they offer on-line. 

I like to do Black Friday shopping, maybe I"ll save it until then.  pj's and pillows are usually a special then.

Donating it has also been a thought.  There's a new shelter opening up in my town, I'm sure they could/would put it to good use.

thanks!

Brandi in Missouri

Plus-size-mommy
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I'm not sure either. We know we're getting him some big gifts so we might use the GC to cut down the price of one of those. Or, we may use it for stocking stuffers, cause that can get expensive! I know for sure we're using it on our little boy, we just don't know what for yet!

table4six
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I used my GC online a couple days ago.  They had free shipping on toy purchases over $49.00.  I bought 3 items on my son's list,  the Clone Trooper Helmet, and two G.I. Joe toys.  The helmet was actually cheaper at Kmart than any of the other stores I checked. 

mommaslilman06
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

im going to save it for presents for the boys

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers        PhotobucketPhotobucketbreastfeeding,8 month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN