Group Home

Holiday Shopping at Kmart (Non-Video Influencers)

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 406 Replies

Hi Everyone,

325 CafeMom members were given a $50 Kmart gift card and were asked to share their Kmart holiday shopping experience with us.

Find out how they spent their Kmart gift card and learn all about their holiday shopping strategy here.

Kmart Holiday Shopping (Non-Video Influencers) post your thoughts here!

>< The CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell81
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I went last weekend when I got the gift card and got my oldest 6 pairs of pants and the youngest 4 pairs of pants. Middle son didn't need anything. Great prices for what I needed. It came up to around 46$ so I still have a couple dollars left.

Thanks Cafemom and K-Mart!

kids stockinggift santa green holding gifts

Group Owner To - Step Moms W Bio Kids

Group Admin To - Group Owner's Club 

Check Out - GOC Awareness

barefoot85
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM

'I want, I want, I want'

that really all you hear when this time of year comes. Now I know why my mom was stressed out! hahaha.

The major things on DD's list are: barbies.. of any kind, new leapster games, and any littlest petshop toy. she's not into the big toys right now.. thank god. but I'd rather get them a bunch of little things than 1 big toy.

DS is only 2 so he really doesn't say much. He loves 'Cars' so we will probably get him toys from that movie, He gets excited when he sees the Handy Many work bench or the Carftsmen work bench, He aslo has a geotrax train from last year so we might build onto his collection this year.
Has anyone else notice that boy toys are WAY more expensive than girl toys?

DH.. wants a gun. hahaha thats all he wants. As for me, I just want a day at the spa.. or maybe even like a hotel room all to myself.. loaded with chocolate :) hahaha that sounds good to me.

mom2-2crazyboys
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Okay, so I totally agree with the PP that prefers to buy lots of little gifts, but my boys are kinda wanted some more pricier items this year. I am thinking about using my card for the Transformer Bumblebee Helmet that does something (??) and the Buzz Lightyear pack with wings that pop out.

As you can see I am not that up on the new toys yet! LOL!! Things are coming SO FAST!! I want to go shopping soon. I will be back. I am so excited.

Thanks CAFEMOM and KMART!

ERNAProud
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I have not received my card yet, but when I get it I am going to see if it will let me start a layaway with it for the things I already have on my Kmart wishlist!  It is going to help me pay for a new tea set, some art supplies, and a few more things we have chosen as Christmas gifts:) I will post more about it when I get my card:)

Plus-size-mommy
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I haven't used my card yet but when I use it, it will be used on something for our 4 year old. He is harder this year to buy for because even though he will love anything we get him, he hasn't really said what he wants, and last year he was sooo into Wall-E, it was a piece of cake to buy for him! I'll be back with my experience and what I bought with it!!

tyra618
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I was just asked today to be a part of this influencer.  I hope I am picked to participate.  We will see if I am picked.  I love K mart so if picked this card will come in extra handy. 

circle.gif picture by lovelily45

The question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or the others crazy?  Albert Einstein

lucy23794
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Quoting tyra618:

I was just asked today to be a part of this influencer.  I hope I am picked to participate.  We will see if I am picked.  I love K mart so if picked this card will come in extra handy. 

Arianna-Hello-Kitty-1.gif picture by Lucy23794

aspiringangel01
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I also just got the message today :). It'll be great though to get some Christmas shopping for my girls done

100% FREE MONEY from home http://www.freewebs.com/freemoneyfromhome

JessecaLynn
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I spent my card this week.  I bought one gift for each of my kids.  I actually shopped online since the closest Kmart is an hour away.  My daughters love Dora, and puppies so I bought one the Dora puppy sitting doll, and the dora loves puppy vet kit.  Kmart is the only place that sells these so I was so excited to get them.  Then I bought my son a construction site that attaches to his train set.  We have a lot of construction going on around our house so he will LOVE this.  I already got the construction site, and can't wait until Christmas.  I spent a little more than the card but only $14 worth so it wasn't that bad.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I have not used my card yet, because I plan to travel to a larger Kmart store that is hopefully not as nasty as my local one.  When I do get there I plan to buy small gits like stocking stuffers and such.  MY DD is going to be VERY difficult to buy for this year and I think Ebay will be my main source of gift buying (band shirts and collectables)  Although they do sell Craftsman tools there and DH can never have too many tools, so I may be using it for a couple gifts for him.

THANKS CAFEMOM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690