Group Home

layaway

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

I havent used Kmart layaway in years.  I don't think I have actually stepped INTO a Kmart in atleast 2 years.  The one in my town is disgusting, the employees are rude and usually absent, it's over priced, and the shelves are often empty.  About 4 years ago I did use the layaway for a Nintendo Gamecube system because Nintendo set  the price on that not Kmart.  That is the only things I would consider putting on layaway because Kmart has higher prices on many items that other store. 

by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sweetheart1985
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I would really suggest using the Kmart.com website. It was SO easy to use, I didn't have to deal with lines, and they had AMAZING deals. Really. I got some t-shirts that my husband will love for TWO dollars each.

So yeah. I'm sorry about your experience. We don't have a Kmart in my town anymore, but I remember it wasn't the best place... probably why it's gone now... but the website was great!

= )

ERNAProud
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I would use the online store also. You can do a layaway on there and they really do have good deals.

HybridMom27
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 12:34 AM

IMO, layaway is a bad idea.  You are better off saving your money and then purchasing it later.  Rarely do prices go UP as we get closer to the holidays :-)  Plus if an emergency comes up, then you have the money. 

My sister just bought a computer on layaway - as a tax accountant I could barely stomach the idea.  Christmas clubs - ok, layaway, avoid.

ERNAProud
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Interesting..why? I know some places will charge fees, but Kmart doesn't. They don't do a financing thing. What is a bad thing about layaway?

Quoting HybridMom27:

IMO, layaway is a bad idea.  You are better off saving your money and then purchasing it later.  Rarely do prices go UP as we get closer to the holidays :-)  Plus if an emergency comes up, then you have the money. 

My sister just bought a computer on layaway - as a tax accountant I could barely stomach the idea.  Christmas clubs - ok, layaway, avoid.

MsWood729
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I just got my son 2 layaways out of Kamart.  I was so happy that the one Kmart in this area did it.  I was upset about how old there computers were & how slow the staff is.

untitled-3.jpg picture by MsWood729

jennmarie77
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Quoting DalesLgndLvsOn3:

I havent used Kmart layaway in years.  I don't think I have actually stepped INTO a Kmart in atleast 2 years.  The one in my town is disgusting, the employees are rude and usually absent, it's over priced, and the shelves are often empty.  About 4 years ago I did use the layaway for a Nintendo Gamecube system because Nintendo set  the price on that not Kmart.  That is the only things I would consider putting on layaway because Kmart has higher prices on many items that other store. 

I know I've heard this a lot.  I can say though that since Kmart came out of bankruptcy, they have improved on having merchandise in store, especially their sale merchandise.

I am a little biased when it comes to Kmart but in my area where we have a Walmart and Target nearby along with Best Buy and a few other big stores, Kmart prices are very comparable to those of the other stores. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80