Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Everyone!

gift

When it comes to gift giving, how many do you need to buy for?

How do you decide what to buy? 

Do you have a big gift exchange party/get together or do you visit each other separately to exchange gifts?

Tell us about it below!

|The CafeMom Admin Team

by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Replies (21-28):
JoyandLove
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Well for starters I have 6 kid to shop for. My husband and I try to be as fair as possible when distributing gifts to them.  We also shop for our sisters/brothers and parents/grandparents, nieces/nephews and friends. 

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

aidansmommy529
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I buy for my husband and son.

My mom, and my inlaws.

I mail my family thier presents because i live in MO and they live in NY.

My FIL always gets a HUGE batch of peanut brittle. MIL she loves roosters. My mom wants family pictures.

Mostly everything goes to my son, who has a HUGE monster truck and car obsession.  that's what he will be getting.

Oh and at work we do a chineese exchange.

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I usually buy for my sisters, my mom, dad, husband, my niece, and my daughter. I have a set price range that i spend on each person, except for my daughter. She is spoiled! I am planning on trying to do some sort of budget for her this year though. Money is tight, so i am planning to buy only things on sale, and what i relly think she needs or will use. It's dissapointing when she doesn't play with a toy that may have cost a lot of money. I LOVE good sales, and hope to do some shopping on Black Friday if there are any good deals. As far as handing out gifts my family always spends Christmas morning together so we will all be together opening eachother's gifts.

valerie0103
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

When it comes to gift giving, how many do you need to buy for? Absolute must is my kids. Then my DH, possibly something for myself. If I have anything left we buy nieces and nephews

How do you decide what to buy?  We always buy our kids clothes first, then we try to get them something they really want or we think they would actually play with. For adults it is very hard. I have never been good at that

Do you have a big gift exchange party/get together or do you visit each other separately to exchange gifts? We do big get togethers. First we have my family's a couple days before Christmas. We have a full Christmas dinner and exchange gifts. Christmas Eve we get with DH's fathers family for another Christmas dinner and gift exchange, bible reading and lots of praying. Somewhere in between we do DH mothers family get together at a restaurant. Christmas Day I have to work 6am-2pm but after that it will be just us... DH kids and I. 

Bekah062205
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM

well i buy for 5 people. My dd, dh, MIL, FIL and my niece. Since we visit with MIL during the Holidays we buy them gifts. My niece lives across the country and i miss her, so i always get her something.

shaunta20
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I feel like i am the only one who dont know what to get my kids for christmas. ughhh:(

valkay
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:44 AM

We buy for our 3 sons, our 2 DILs, 2 grandsons, 13 great nieces and nephews.. 

MommyMollie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM

When it comes to gift giving, how many do you need to buy for?  it usually depends on where we are for christmas, if we are with hubby's side we buy for all of them, usually about 15 +, sometimes we send gifts, but usually not.  if we are with my side we have about 10 or so and sometimes we don't do gifts at all... only for our kiddo!

How do you decide what to buy?   it is ususally last minute and it is either a prank or something everyone can use together...  we usually talk about it and shopp a little and get something good.

Do you have a big gift exchange party/get together or do you visit each other separately to exchange gifts?  usually we just all get together as a family on christmas, sometimes we wil lhave a second or third christmas with different family members

Treefrogs-1.jpg picture by LadyPreece

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)