Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wrapping Paper

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 34 Replies

When picking out your wrapping paper, do you stick to a theme or is it a anything goes for your paper? I like everything.

And are you like me and buy your paper at the clearence sales after Christmas for next year?

by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvcallalilies
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I pick special paper for each of my girls according to their loves... Princess for oldest, Mickey Mouse for second, and Pooh for baby this year. Then, I choose a couple fun papers for relatives and friends - usually sorting my family, his family, friends.

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

Stacey_Mac
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I am VERY picky.  I have to have Three or Five different rolls of paper.  I have two sets, one for the Living Room three and one for the Playroom tree. 

I like to make sure my wrapping paper matches my tree and house decor theme.  I also like to get a variety of bows, ribbons, raffia, and other embellishments to use to individually decorate each gift.

I will admit I fall victim to Magazine decorating.  I have been like that since I was young though.  It has nothing to deal with keeping up with the Jones' syndrome, lmao.  I have been compulsive since I was young... My mom said I used to try to pointing her in the 'right direction' when shopping!  sticking out tongue
(That was so not the sweetpea I wanted, lmao)

ERNAProud
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I buy my wrapping paper at Walgreens, they usually have good deals. If I had the money, I would buy all bags and I would never wrap, lol.

KamsOne
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I buy my paper after Christmas for pennies.  I'm too cheap to waste money on something that's just going to get crumpled up and go in the trash.

suite_lady
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I used to stock up when my boys sold "Red Apple" paper for fund raisers at school.

I only purchase heavy duty gift wrap. Usually Sam's Club has great deals on large rolls, the only downfall is that you'll be using that same paper for several years! LOL

I don't buy the cheap stuff. I am extremly picky when wrapping. I don't want the corners tearing while trying to wrap a gift.

jgal29
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Last year I bought different wrap for each of the kids My oldest had spongebob, then Mickey and princess for my daughter 

MsWood729
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I usually go with a theme like Santa Claus or Snowman's.  I usually just go to Dollar Tree & get 4 or 5 rolls to wrap  my DS present in.  A lot of his items are BIG & already put together so a lot of paper is not needed.  When we have another child I'm going to wrap the presents in different paper just to make it easier on my Christmas morning as to which is who's, LoL!!!

untitled-3.jpg picture by MsWood729

3munschkins
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I get the wrapping paper to match the colors of my tree - (yes, I know I am OCD - LOL)  this year it I will use Silver & Gold.

scleblanc
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I usually pick something that matches the theme of our Christmas tree.

lilmunchkin24
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM

I usually get a couple of different papers for each of my two kids presents.  Then for family and whomever else...I get a couple rolls that can be for female presents and a couple that can be used for the male ones!  I love Christmas time including the wrapping presents part! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)