Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookware (POTS AND PANS) PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

Okay, let's just be honest for a minute, I don't like to cook all that much and I don't know much about cookware. DH has asked for a new set of pots and pans for Christmas and I have NO IDEA what kind to get him.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a nice set of pots and pans I can buy my DH that aren't outrageously expensive but that is quality cookware? I know I'll have to spend some money but I don't want to spend to much on just that gift. So, give me some ideas ladies!!

by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmay33
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 8:33 AM

We love T-Fal :) Inexpensive, and they're good cookware. Granted that after a few years use you'll have to replace them, but the fact that they aren't expensive makes that more affordable :)

The only catch is that you can't use anything metallic in the pans, or it will tear up the teflon surfaces and cause foods to start sticking.

K-Mart actually has a set for $59.99

jgal29
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Quoting bmay33:

We love T-Fal :) Inexpensive, and they're good cookware. Granted that after a few years use you'll have to replace them, but the fact that they aren't expensive makes that more affordable :)

The only catch is that you can't use anything metallic in the pans, or it will tear up the teflon surfaces and cause foods to start sticking.

K-Mart actually has a set for $59.99

I have some of these and I love them T-Fal are not really over priced and work great. Also any cast iron skillets are worth there weight in gold i  my house LOL! Good Luck

table4six
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:18 AM

We bought a Stainless steel set of cookware from Sears a few years ago.  The brand is Kenmore, and they have been great!  I can't remember how much we spent (not to much, I know!).  Sears has a great selection of cookware!

BTW, I hate cooking too!  My DH does most of the cooking!!!!

jennmarie77
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM

You should check out the clearance section at Kmart.  They are getting rid of all the Martha Stewart stuff and you can find a good set of pans for a really good price right now.  I got a enamal coated cast iron pan for less than $20.  We used it for camping and just around the house now.

Shaynas_Mommy
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Technique- it's made by QVC. 

Queenfeld
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Quoting table4six:

We bought a Stainless steel set of cookware from Sears a few years ago.  The brand is Kenmore, and they have been great!  I can't remember how much we spent (not to much, I know!).  Sears has a great selection of cookware!

My question is:

Where do you women find the men that do the cooking? All my husband knows how to do in the kitchen, is sit at the table. lol

I like T-Fal too and mine has lasted a long time

ljpaszek
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Quoting Queenfeld:

Quoting table4six:

My question is:

Where do you women find the men that do the cooking? All my husband knows how to do in the kitchen, is sit at the table. lol

My husband really doesn't like to cook persay but we have kind of made it something we do together. Even if all he does is chop up an onion for me. It is quality time we can spend preparing a meal for our family and at the same time getting to goof off and joke around or have a serious conversation. He will be helping me prepare my HUGE Thanksgiving meal this year as we have friends and family coming. My husband knew nothing about cooking but now if i need him to he can cook a full dinner. Just by us doing it together he has learned a skill and at the same time we've had hours upon hours of quality time together.... which can be great during the busy holiday season.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

wedding website

jennmarie77
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Quoting Queenfeld:

Quoting table4six:

My question is:

My husband cooks.  Not all the time but he does cook. It used to be basic stuff but he's really gotten good.  Last night he made goulash.  I didn't even know he knew how until it was done. It was pretty good too.

scleblanc
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I love Magnalite (sp) You can usually find a starter set for under 100,00 they are stainless steele and you have to work really hard to ruin them, I've had mine for about 12 years now and would not use anything else.

Georgia1305
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I just bought these last saturday at K-mart i love them ........so does hubby hahaha

loveGeorgia i paid $65.00 for them they are really nice too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)