Christmas eve night

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 17 Replies

What are your families tradtional Christmas eve???????

We usually go to a friends house for a little party a little after noon, get back about 30 minutes to dinner time. i make something easy for dinner like kraft mac and cheese or something in that line. Jennafyr gets her bath, cookie, teeth brushed, I lay with her than she goes to sleep. I than do the last minute wrapping if there is any. My husband puts all gifts under tree while I stuff the stockings. We than get each others gifts and hide them in seperate corners and off to bed we go.

Do you have any special things you do with your family????

by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coridunn
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Yes, we all get to open 1 gift (it's always new PJ's).  Everyone then takes a nice bath or shower and puts on the new jammies.  Then we all get something warm to drink (cocoa, tea, or a hot toddie,something alcoholic for me and the hubby! LOL) Watch holiday cartoons DVD that I made (Smurfs, Spongebob, Flintstones, Charlie Brown, etc.)Eat yummies (little pizzas, shrimo balls, etc.) until everyone is sleepy and then off to bed.  Hubby and I have our own tradition that we do but I won't get into that one *wink, wink .  I am so excited about Christmas this year! 

"Superwoman"
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

We actually celebrate on Xmas Eve w/ our family. It's the day ours kids open their presents from us and everyone else. I make a big dinner, the kids play, we have dessert, open gifts, take pictures..I love it!

R24Olomos
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

We go to hubby's great aunts on Christmas Eve the whole family goes over for Tamales and this yummy mexican hot chocolate. We play LOTTO mexican bingo the kids get gifts from there God parents and usually only the little ones get a gift from Aunts and Uncles (clothes small items) we do a secret santa exchange with the family members and we usually stay the night if we have been drinking which we do. We sneak a gift with us for the girls to open in the morning from Santa. Then go home Christmas night and open the rest of there gifts from my parents. This may be our last Christmas as a family as hubby has an immigration appt shortly after Christmas.  

queeniamissy
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

We open up presents from the family on Christmas Eve. (Christmas day is just for Santa gifts!)  We have appetizers during the day to snack on, and get Chinese take-out for dinner.  Then we usually play games and just have fun!

mombat
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

We go to the children's mass, then to a light family dinner out, we come home and read The Night Before Christmas, Ruldolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and THE Christmas Story of Jesus birth.  THen we have desert of hot fudge sundaes laughing and talking, watch a Christmas Story then to bed.  My children are all grown and WE STILL DO THIS....they BEG for the stories....life is wonderful 

RENEE

suite_lady
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Christmas Eve is very laid back for us. Just immediate family. I always tell my boys to leave cookies and milk out for Santa. They laugh at me because they are now 18 and 15. 

I always say to not leave them since they don't believe in him anymore and see what happens. 

There has not been a year that has gone by without cookies and milk left out! HAHAHAHAHA

kingdommom
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Me and my girls bake cookies and cakes while listening to music and watching holiday programming on tv. Later that evening after dinner we put some of the gifts under the tree and after everyone is sleep my husband and I put the remainder of the gifts under the tree and he video tapes the whole house and outside for the beginning of our annual Christmas tape. We spend a little time together before we both retire for the night.

welcome.gif WINTER image by Shltie

All you Country Decoraters & Christmas lovers come join us@ Country Christmas Lovers

Jemia
by Shekella on Oct. 31, 2009 at 8:06 AM

We go to my husbands' mother's side of the family have dinner and open gifts from them.

CafeMom Tickers
kcrunion73
by Member on Oct. 31, 2009 at 8:51 AM

My parents were divorced when my sister and I were young, so we  always went to our dad's for Christmas Eve... now since I have little kids and my dad has a HUGE dog, him and my stepmom and my grandma come to my house for Christmas Eve.  Nothing big, just opening presents.

Turkeysmom
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Christmas Eve day is usually spent baking and any last minute shopping that may need to be done.  That evening we go to my husband's step-grandmother's house and have dinner and family Christmas with them.  We then go home and get our son ready for bed (because Santa won't be here until he is in bed and asleep).  I then finish wrapping any presents left to wrap (the ones from Santa) and my husband puts them under the tree.  Then it's off to watch a Christmas movie for the 2 of us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: