Group Home

Kmart and the Giving Tree

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am planning on using the Kmart gift card as part of my purchasing budget for the kids and elderly people whose Angels or Bells we take off our church Christmas giving tree.(Angels are children and the bells are the elderly.)  Our post office also has a giving tree which we take off of too.  I like to go to Kmart because I can get more for my money.  So, I can take more people off the tree.  Usually the elderly are looking for a lap robe or sweat pants and sweat shirts.  Kmart has nice styles for them.  Also they have a great selection of toys.  My husband and I usually get a call right after Thanksgiving letting us know the trees are up.  We also help with the food baskets for the church for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The Big Kmart carries a nice assortment of canned goods and boxed goods for that.

by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
R24Olomos
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

That is so so sweet of you. The elderly get forgotten a lot of the time. If I get the gift card this means I can take off the girls names from the Angels group on cafemom. I am praying I replied in time. 

AM-BRAT
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

That's a great idea! I just added that to my list!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Oct. 31, 2009 at 11:30 AM

What a great way to give back.

Thanks for sharing with us :-)

Cafe Jenn

kbpegasus
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

What a great way to give back.

Thanks for sharing with us :-)

Cafe Jenn

Actually, my thanks to Cafemom and Kmart for helping me be able to grab more names this year.

BeanieBlue
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I do this when I have extra money as well.

This year I don't because I lost my job in August, so maybe next year :o)

I really enjoy helping when I can because there were several Christmases when my boys were growing up where they wouldn't have HAD much of a Christmas without the help of amazing individuals such as yourselves :o)

BabyBeans0506
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Good for you to be so sweet and giving during such a tough economic time! I love hearing of people like you! :) One year when I was first in college, I received my first refund check from excess funds in my financial aid. Where most of mine friends did too and were spending thiers on things for themselves- I spent mine on two separate single mother families. Both had two children each. I bought all the kids two toys each, a small stocking of candy, 3 outfits each, new shoes, socks, underwear, and a new winter coat. I bought each mother a nice warm sweater, necklaces that said '#1 mom" (so that they were reminded that we all go through tough times but they still are the best mother for thier children!). I also purchased each mother a gift card for $50 so that they could use it towards groceries. Even though I consider being with my kids the best. That in itself was the best Christmas ever for me!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.