Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lookin for ideas.....

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, I was looking through the Toys R Us book that came into the Sunday paper, and realized I have no idea what to get my 9 yr old daughter for xmas! I swear as she gets older the shopping gets harder. I have a 15 month old, and she's going to be easy. Does anyone have any ideas? Also we are on a very tight budget ( who isn't though ) Thank You in advance  : )

by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

What are her interests?

When I was that age, I was really into "craft" types of things.  I remember getting one of those pot-holder making kits and loved it.  There are jewelry making kits and all sorts of other crafty things.  Maybe she wants to learn to knot or crochet?  Perhaps the supplies and a gift cert for a class?

BabyBeans0506
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 4:19 AM

My little ones are 2 and 4. BUT I do have a niece that is about that age. She is really into Littlest Pet Shops (the teeny tiny ones), Hannah Montana, and arts and crafts things. Is your little one into clothes more? or more hands on things? Maybe since she is in that akward age now of moving more towards tweendom, you can give her "Mommy and Me time kit". This could be where you give her a basket, and put in it a few bottles of nail polish and some emery boards, an egg timer, a nice inexpensive fleece blanket, and a new movie that she may have had her eye on. Then make up some homemade coupons to go along with each item like- the polish and emery boards could have a coupon for "mommy and me manicure" in which you do each others nails. The egg timer can have coupons for "Mommy stops everything for 20 minutes to just talk with me", the blanket and movie can have coupons for "Mommy and me movie night" where you two can just snuggle up and watch a movie of her choice. All of this can help encourage you two to have just that little bit of time that you spend together. :) I hope that helps....lol

MrsDavid
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM

My 9 year old wanted a sewing machine so she can sew with me.  I bought her one at Kmart last week. 

Stepmothering is hard, find REAL support here: 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/30383

Are you a step mother raising your step children?  http://www.cafemom.com/group/imraisingherkid

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM

i wouldnt shop toys r us if your on a tight budget...i find they are atleast $10.00 more expensive than most places....but, to get ideas look at the websites and narrow down your search by age group....I know i seen a lot of cool Barbie stuff...like there is this machine that you can hook up with your computer and make nail designs....for your nails...lol...its Barbie.. I dont know exactly how it works,but i think i might want it for myself..lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN