Group Home

Holiday loan anyone?

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

Has anyone got a holiday loan we did today but its for christmas and for a depoist for a new place to live it's something that we pay back with our income tax and has helped with our credit we discovered this last year from a close friend of mine and we did it last year and again this year I can't wait to shop and to move!!! Merry Christmas to us lol

by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samuelsmom
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM

i have never heard of it, do you go through a bank or a different company for that?

twinmamaof3
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM

luckily for us this year we will be getting about4 grand at once here in two weeks. i get paid to go to school, i will e getting back pay. cant wait to get that in

ERNAProud
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM

We MIGHT do one this year, it all depends. 2 years ago, we got one and it was for $500 and the payments were $55 a month for a year, so not too bad.

We may do it because my computer AND my Ford explorer will be paid off THIS MONTH! Woohoo! We will be able to afford it for sure:)

BabyBeans0506
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Now see I thought you were giving them away! :)

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Where do you get this at?

Mom2SKMB
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Never heard of it.  I would not get a loan just for Christmas though.  Even if we had no money I still wouldnt do it.  Christmas isnt about gifts to us.

armysids ribbonbaseballangeltwin girls

Looking for great make-up, skin care, hair care, home decor, clothing, jewelry, mens, and childrens products?  Check out my Avon store.

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I agree. I don't think you should have to go into debt to have a nice holiday. I'm alright with cutting back on gifts. I wouldn't get a credit card either just so I could afford things for Christmas.

Quoting Mom2SKMB:

Never heard of it.  I would not get a loan just for Christmas though.  Even if we had no money I still wouldnt do it.  Christmas isnt about gifts to us.

aubrees_mommie
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:07 PM

You DON'T go in debt and it helps with getting credit we're NOT doing it just for Christmas we also go it so we can move to a better place becasue our apartment has black mold and our landlord won't do anything about it. We go to a place called Loan Central and get it last year it was for 500 this time its for over 1000 so theres a deposit and christmas no debt at all

michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Quoting aubrees_mommie:

You DON'T go in debt and it helps with getting credit we're NOT doing it just for Christmas we also go it so we can move to a better place becasue our apartment has black mold and our landlord won't do anything about it. We go to a place called Loan Central and get it last year it was for 500 this time its for over 1000 so theres a deposit and christmas no debt at all

How is a LOAN that you have to pay back NOT a debt?

Catrin2009
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I wanna know more about this actually. Any info would be great. I don't have any credit (My Dad screwed me up) so I doubt I could get it, but... the info would still be awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci