Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you start....

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 15 Replies

your christmas planning...no not the decorations....but the shopping and making your lists as to who is getting what?  It seems as though every year there is someone new added to our family....and it's the best.....but I always tell myself I will start early and never do!!??!  Can anyone lend a helping hand to this new mommy...it's my little man's first christmas....YAY!!!

by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasSweetThang
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Hi, Jaybelle. =o)

I generally start really late like within the 2 weeks prior to Christmas but I have been seriously debating doing the all year shopping thing. We will see how that goes next year!! 

For Fun Ways To Learn Photography, Click These Links!! Picture Perfect - Fancy Photos - Macro Mania

Jaybelle00
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Yea...LOL...I do the same thing...hmm...maybe that will be the resolution for the new year.

Quoting TexasSweetThang:

Hi, Jaybelle. =o)

I generally start really late like within the 2 weeks prior to Christmas but I have been seriously debating doing the all year shopping thing. We will see how that goes next year!! 

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM

September/October is when I start thinking about it and I certainly get serious about it in November.

TexasSweetThang
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I'll have to add that one to my list. LoL

Quoting Jaybelle00:

Yea...LOL...I do the same thing...hmm...maybe that will be the resolution for the new year.

Quoting TexasSweetThang:

Hi, Jaybelle. =o)

For Fun Ways To Learn Photography, Click These Links!! Picture Perfect - Fancy Photos - Macro Mania

iloveashton804
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:03 PM

We usually start in October. We try to get something every paycheck (twice a month). It doesn't always work out that way, but we try! Lol. Yay for your sons first Christmas!

sealnkiss
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I am shocked that for once I have got the majority of my shopping done.  Both my daughters are done except for some shoes the oldest one insist on.  We have a few more gift cards to get to send in the mail and to take a picture at Sea World and get it framed, but otherwise I am done. WOOOHOOOOO

Turkeysmom
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I start in October.  There is a website that I go to where I can print out all kinds of forms to help get me and keep me organized this time of the year.  It's www.organizedchristmas.com.  I just print out the pages I know I will use (which is most of them) and put them in plastic page protectors and then in a 3 ring binder.  It is definitely my lifesaver for the holidays.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:16 AM

I try and start early because I am an internet shopper and need time for shipment!

Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 6:11 AM

I check weekly ads at stores year round. If I see something thats on sale that my son will like I usually put it up for Christmas. This year I'm almost completely done with his shopping. I can't wait for the better than black Friday sales at Kmart so I can get a few more things for him.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Makenseysmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:28 AM

I started in august. I bought a bunch of Summer clearance for next summer. I am still not sure what else she may get. Money is tight so we are only shopping for DD. Everyone else is getting framed pictures of DD.

SmoochPhotography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN