Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP..Cafemom or Kmart

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am really confused now, can you please help. I was on the Kmart website and decided to go on chat about the much anticipated release of the better than black Friday sales. I  asked on chat if they were planning on posting the sales on the website. The response I got was that better than black friday sales are actually Saturday sales at SEARS from something till noon. Not Kmart. Am I missing something? I thought the sales were at Kmart on Fridays and Saturdays first 3 weeks in November and again in Dec?

by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Sears & K-mart are merged as one store chain now.

cmb121906
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I planned on doing those sales to so let me know if you find something out. You should message CM about this and ask like it said in the original PM that was sent to you, it said they would have a better chance at seeing it.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

vickieb310
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I hope it is Kmart - I was planning on going this Friday and could really use the sales!

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Hi Valerie0103,

I am forwarding this on to the CafeMom Team and they'll be able to answer your question.

valerie0103
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Thanks.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Hi Valerie0103,

I am forwarding this on to the CafeMom Team and they'll be able to answer your question.

valerie0103
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I know but in my area the stores are still seperate. We still have a Kmart and a Sears (for know that is) The woman on chat said that it was Sears and not Kmart (her words) so it just has me really confused and she said it was only Saturday

Quoting Jillysmom:

MomX04
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM

They are seperate buildings with seperate names but the K-mart card works at both stores, same for the Sears card.  Sears bought K-mart out a few years ago when it was getting ready to fold and let them continue operating under the K-Mart name.

Quoting valerie0103:

I know but in my area the stores are still seperate. We still have a Kmart and a Sears (for know that is) The woman on chat said that it was Sears and not Kmart (her words) so it just has me really confused and she said it was only Saturday

Quoting Jillysmom:

valerie0103
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Does that mean that the sales go for either store as well?

Quoting MomX04:

They are seperate buildings with seperate names but the K-mart card works at both stores, same for the Sears card.  Sears bought K-mart out a few years ago when it was getting ready to fold and let them continue operating under the K-Mart name.

Quoting valerie0103:

Quoting Jillysmom:

MomX04
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM

No, the sales as far as I know are exclusive to each store. You can probably call them directly and find out their exact policy.

Quoting valerie0103:

Does that mean that the sales go for either store as well?

Quoting MomX04:

Quoting valerie0103:

Quoting Jillysmom:

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Hi,

We've just learned from the folks at Kmart that you can find out the actual items that will be available during their Better Than Black Friday Sales by visiting the Better Than Black Friday  website EVERY Friday & Saturday for first three weeks in November and the first three weeks in December.

The first list of sale items will be posted to their website on Friday, November 7th.

Happy Shopping!

>< The CafeMom Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)