Group Home

Who do you buy for for christmas

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 2:44 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am not close to some of my family like my older brother and sister this past year was the 1st year i have seen in a long time. I plan on sending them a card like have done in the past but i am wondering should i buy them something or just leave like i have in the past and just send a card.

kissing

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2xp
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM

we buy for my parents his parents, his brother and gf, and our kids and each other. that's it. everyone else gets a card.  (i make picture cards so everyone gets an updated pic)  if you haven't bought for them in the past i wouldn't buy for them now.

Pregnancy ticker

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:34 AM

This year we are buying for the kids and my family (because we are spending it with them) We are not buying for dh's family except for the kids. 

If you have never bought them gifts and you are not really in the mood to do so now, don't.  I don't think it would look awkward since you never have before.    

momof4kids257
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Since my kids are growing so fast over the years every Christmas we send everyone the school pictures and a family picture.I would buy my kids presents -but that was it for the financial part.

itsallabtthem84
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM

We buy for our children, his parents & each other. Everyone is just gets cards since we don't talk to anyone else in the family.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Yeah if I never bought before, I wouldn't buy now. A card is thoughtful!

We typically buy for the couples in our family which is 6 total. I would have normally spent about $20-$25 each, but this year, we can't. I am working on something to give to them.

Then I buy for my husband, kids, friend Sarah, daughter's teacher, and that's it!

mommybug77
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 2:20 PM

We shop for our girls, MIL/FIL (gift card) SIL/BIL (gc) my parents (gc) my 2 sisters.

My next door neighbor & her grandson. My friends 4 kids. Then the older girls usually have to get something for girl scouts.

tazmidgiefairy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM

thanks for all the advice

GillyMarie
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM

If your not close i wouldnt buy for them. i only buy for people that i have constant contact with. My Mom, my dad, SO, DS, my sister, my nephew, my moms boyfriend (something small) and this year i found something small/inexpensive for all the new babies in the family. Everyone else gets a card.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I buy something small for my parents and something for my brother, I usually do a honey baked ham for the in laws and I buy gifts for my son and husband. I usually make goodies for the neighbors and my husband's co-workers.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
L0ve
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM

So far as a married couple(6 years) we have only bought for eachother, our kids and our parents.  I have aunts and uncles who send my kids gifts and my grandparents send my kids gifts but financially I cannot afford to buy all of those people something.  This year we are sending out a photo card.  So this year we will buy for our 3 kids and if money allows then eachother and then again if money allows, my inlaws, my mother and her husband, my father and his partner. When my DH graduates school and we have a decent income I would like to buy for my cousins children (which is only 2 children right now) just because I love them and would love to pick something out for them - I just can't afford to yet.

Mommy to Arielle, 2/17/07, Leilani, 6/15/08 and Loic, 9/10/09!

blowing bubblestoddler girlbaby boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80