Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Santa or not?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:21 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Do your kids belive in Santa?

Options:

Yes

No

We don't do the Santa thing

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CANDYLC
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Yes they believe in Santa

Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Yes!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
rileya82
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Mine do to, I was just wondering because I have some family members who don't. They say they want their kids to know who got them their christmas gifts. So just wondering if their was anyone else who felt this way.

mamalinzie
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:40 AM

My DD is only 3, and she does believe  in Santa. But she also believes in mermaids, fairies, and unicorns. Everything is real to her.

As she gets older, we will just play the Santa thing by ear. If she asks, I will ask her what she thinks and go from there.  I dont remember ever believing in Santa, and my holidays were plenty magical and exciting. My aunt and uncle went to great lengths to keep their son  believing until like, 3rd or 4th grade, and he said it wasnt traumatizing when he found out. So whatever happens with it happens, and I am not going to make a big deal about it either way.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

mamalinzie
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Ive always thought that line of reasoning was pretty silly, perhaps even selfish. DD opens presents from other family member Christmas Eve, and she knows who they are from. But the ones from DH and I are from Santa. I dont need to take the credit. Just seeing her happy and exciting is enough for me.

Quoting rileya82:

Mine do to, I was just wondering because I have some family members who don't. They say they want their kids to know who got them their christmas gifts. So just wondering if their was anyone else who felt this way.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

rileya82
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Right, thats what I thought too.

Quoting mamalinzie:

Ive always thought that line of reasoning was pretty silly, perhaps even selfish. DD opens presents from other family member Christmas Eve, and she knows who they are from. But the ones from DH and I are from Santa. I dont need to take the credit. Just seeing her happy and exciting is enough for me.

Quoting rileya82:

conniekaye
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM

My children (now grown) all believed in Santa, although my husband never played along with it because he felt that it was lying to the kids.  I pushed the Santa thing, and we had a lot of fun with it.  However, when my youngest found out the truth about Santa, she was crushed.  She cried for days.  So, if I had it to over again, I think I would make Santa a part of the festivities, but also make sure that my children understood that although he is not real, it's ok to pretend and have fun with it.  I also think that my husband would have been on board with that line of thinking and been more fun.

"Never regret any love that you have ever given away."
                                                                                                                  - Dottie

samuelsmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I will do santa with my kids, this is the first year i think that my son might actually get the idea of it all. We always had Santa growing up and actually I am 25 years old and still get presents from santa at my mothers house.

table4six
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:15 AM

We believe in Santa.  My kids love Santa, and the idea that he is kind, generous, and magical.  They love knowing he is going to leave them gifts and all they had to do is be good! 

jadenember
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I'm gonna to tell my daughter the Santa story, but I plan to tell her like it is a fairy tale. We'll play with the idea of Santa, but she probably won't be hooked on the idea that he is real.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN