Do you participate in any holiday charities or organizations?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you give to any charities or organizations during the holidays? 

In the past I have given to St. Jude's and I would do gift boxes for Feed the Children.  Tough year financially but I think I will make the gift box for Feed the Children, there are so many inexpensive little things that would make a child so happy!  I look forward to sharing this with my dd someday. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=org_kids_stuff_usa

Would like to hear about your worthy causes!

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TexasSweetThang
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I do things when I have the money. I won't give to a charity. Last year, I adopted an entire family for the holiday. That way, I KNOW they are getting what I sent them and 65% of it isn't being absorbed by a corporation. 

For Fun Ways To Learn Photography, Click These Links!! Picture Perfect - Fancy Photos - Macro Mania

itsallabtthem84
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I donate a few toys to the Marines in our area every year. I try to make sure there is at least something for a boy & girl baby & then something for a older boy & girl.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:18 AM

When Max was an infant, he had open heart surgery and we were fortunate to stay at the Ronald McDonald House.  Each year on his birthday, we ask guests to bring something for the RMD House and we deliver it after his birthday.

It feels great to be able to give back to something that helped us so much.  I can't imagine having a child with a major medical issue and also having to shop for your child and his siblings at the same time!  I also want to instill in my child giving back to the community.

queeniamissy
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM

We've done the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, and of course we donate to the Salvation Army.  We'll probably do the same this year.

mikeysmom989
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I always try and donate to Toy for Tots, and Im envolved in the Special Olympics because of my daughter. Things will be tight this year due to money, but it will work out Im sure!

monshine2
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I try to buy 2 gifts for the giving tree every year and my dept at work goes to volunteer for them by wrapping gifts, sorting, etc.. 

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Quoting TexasSweetThang:

I do things when I have the money. I won't give to a charity. Last year, I adopted an entire family for the holiday. That way, I KNOW they are getting what I sent them and 65% of it isn't being absorbed by a corporation. 

Agree, which is why i like to do the boxes,  I know they will get to a child. 

Curious, is there a web site for adopting a family?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: