Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letters to Santa

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so I was going through this really cool "The Night Before Christmas" book and it has some little extras in it.  One of the things in there is a thing on writing letters to Santa.  I just thought I would share it with all of you ladies.  Please keep in mind these rules are rules for your children to follow.  LOL!  Here it goes.....

If your child  wants to write a letter to Santa, the U.S. Postal Service suggests they follow these rules:

1. You should ask your parents for help addressing and putting stamps on your letter.  Mistakes make letters take longer to get to Santa, and you want to give him enough time to write back before Christmas!

2.  Santa does love cookies, and his reindeer enjoy fresh hay, but it's better to leave those treats out of your letter because they can be crushed in an envelope.

3.  When writing a letter, think about other things to mention besides just the presents you want.  Writing also about why the holiday is special to you would make Santa, Mrs. Clause, those hearty reindeer, and the hardworking elves feel really appreciated.

4.  If you want a reply from Santa, this is how to get it.  When you are done writing your letter and addressing your envelope, give it to your mom or dad.  Then they will take it and put another envelope inside it with stamps already on it as well as your complete address, including the zip code.  Then your parents will send the letter, addressed to Santa, at the Fairbanks, Alaska, Post Office, where it can get a realy postmark from Santa's elves.

The address is:  North Pole Christmas Cancellation Postmaster; 5400 Mail Trail;  Fairbanks, AK  99709-9998.

The deadline for sending out these letters is December 15.

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stacey_Mac
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Is this for real?

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Oh, I love it! I used to do this as a child, except my parents would pretend to mail it and get to see my wish list :) 

Can't wait till my dd is old enought to do this! Thanks for sharing!

Turkeysmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Quoting Stacey_Mac:

Is this for real?

Yes it is.  This is a small article I found on the internet about it.

North Pole Postmark & Other Postmarks

You can add an extra holiday touch to your Christmas letters and Santa letters by getting a special holiday postmark/cancellation on your envelopes. One of the most popular holiday cancellations is the North Pole postmark from North Pole, Alaska, but there are nearly 100 towns and cities in the United States with names related to the holidays, and a number of these offer special holiday postmarks.

To get a North Pole postmark on your envelope(s), simply address and stamp your envelope(s) as you normally would. Then put them all in a bigger envelope and send them to:

north pole postmark
North Pole Christmas Cancellation
Postmaster
5400 Mail Trail
Fairbanks, AK 99709-9999

To ensure delivery by Christmas, envelopes should be received at the North Pole post office no later than December 15.

Turkeysmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM

bump

mommy2xp
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

i have always wrote my kids a letter from santa from my oldests first christmas and i will continue.  i make it on holiday paper and find someone else to sign it from santa.  you can find some cute templates for ideas online. then i send it to the alaska post office. my oldest is the only one that is old enough to know she's getting mail and it's so nice to see her face

Pregnancy ticker

BabyBeans0506
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Oh this is awesome!! Do they really send back a reply!!?

Last year my girls wrote letters and I placed them on the fridge and told my oldest that I was mailing them out. Well I got so busy and  totally forgot to put them away. The day before Christmas eve my husband placing his lunch box onto the fridge knocked them off. As they hit the floor, my oldest heard it and ran in to pick them up. She came to me with tears in her eyes crying about how I messed up and how Santa was not coming!!  LOL I told her that I emailed Santa and told him that I forgot to mail them and that he had her list in his inbox. LOL Because I was doing online school all the time at that time, she learned that mommy sent all important things via email. And she was happy with the explanation...heehee.

rileya82
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Thanks! Sounds cute!!

Turkeysmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Quoting BabyBeans0506:

Oh this is awesome!! Do they really send back a reply!!?

Last year my girls wrote letters and I placed them on the fridge and told my oldest that I was mailing them out. Well I got so busy and  totally forgot to put them away. The day before Christmas eve my husband placing his lunch box onto the fridge knocked them off. As they hit the floor, my oldest heard it and ran in to pick them up. She came to me with tears in her eyes crying about how I messed up and how Santa was not coming!!  LOL I told her that I emailed Santa and told him that I forgot to mail them and that he had her list in his inbox. LOL Because I was doing online school all the time at that time, she learned that mommy sent all important things via email. And she was happy with the explanation...heehee.

Yes, I believe they do as long as it is there by December 15.

.Memers.
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 5:49 PM

This is cool! I'm going to have to tell my sister so my niece can write to Santa!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN